• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 104
  • Bingbot
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Nikon struggling

Started by Jediboy, August 12, 2019, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Saw this recently. Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom around for the camera industry. Every man and his dog has a camera phone these days, and the cameras are getting better. Or are people not interested in photography as a hobby like they once were???
I use Nikon and its a real shame to see such news.
There is a positive spin in the article though which is good.
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/is-this-the-end-of-nikon-as-we-know-it-fiscal-report-shows-71-drop-in-earnings
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Interesting post. I'm not sure it's the end of Nikon, as they have faced that problem before when Canon over took them but they survived that.  8)

SimonW

There seems to be much more gloom and doom surrounding Pentax. Even more so since they appeared to be saying they didn't think mirrorless would catch on. If they do decide to build one (or indeed any new camera) it will have to be very good indeed.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Trouble is nothing stands still and unless manufacturers keep up to date and add models that are market leaders they are at risk. I`ve still a foot in both camps. I love my Fuji xt30 and lenses for their light weight and quality but still have my Nikon d700 and lenses which still deliver better raw files for editing but in no way match the jpeg output of my Fuji and I`ve got lazy in retirement.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.