• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
  • Google
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Good to see they're not wasting taxpayers money then! Funny how councils can find money for rubbish like that when cuts are about to cause job losses and loss of services ::)

ABERS

Has it been translated into 14 or so different laguages as well?

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on October 02, 2009, 08:12:57 AM
Has it been translated into 14 or so different laguages as well?

I'm guessing it's mostly pictures.......
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Not bemused, not angry just a lttle sorry that there are vindictive people in this world. I knew if they had a chance they would get their revenge for the p*ss taking.

Reply to an email asking if PRadar would put our forthcoming exhibition in their news section.

Hi Alan,

We've had a short discussion on this and we've got the feeling that a promotion of your exhibition would look somewhat odd as you don't currently have any images in your gallery for us to reference to.

Obviously, we'd be only too keen to publicise our members displaying their work in exhibitions and so on, and normally what we would do in this situation is to refer the reader back to the gallery so they can see what kind of images they can expect to see at an exhibition - as you don't have any, to a member who doesn't know you it would look a bit odd that we're talking about a member who doesn't seem to be actively using our site.

I hope you can understand our position on this, and if you have any questions please do let me know.

Thanks,

Amy

Amy,

Not at all surprised at the unfortunate and I feel somewhat vindictive stance you have taken. Not having posted any images on your galleries is a decision I have taken because of the T&C's.
If you wanted to reference to my work and Phil Drake's, another one of your site members by the way, you could point to our respective web sites.

As someone who has made a total of 85 posts on the Forums I suppose that is also not active enough for you. Never mind we'll have to make do with the other sites and magazines that have decided to run with it.

Should make some interesting reading for all the old DCM participants.

Regards...Abers.

greypoint

Er...does that mean they only promote exhibitions by those who use their galleries? No telling people about a Cartier Bresson exhibition then....and what about the recent entry promoting something by Martin Parr...is he a fervent poster in the PR galleries??? As you have a website address in your signature why would anyone need to be unaware of the type of photography? The forum over there is dying on its feet. A few people trying desperately to drum up interest but it's still full of glitches which go unrepaired and any query about making  this better/more user friendly are met  with 'we're looking into it'. Can't think why people want to upload loads of photos there...no-one looks at them apparantly!!

Jonathan

Wow.

Shocks me but doesn't surprise me.

I don't think Daniel Beltrá has any pics in their rights-grabbery gallery either but they are certainly promoting his exhibition at Kew.  Rightly so, because it looks amazing and would be of genuine interest to anybody in the area who likes great photography.  But, you know.....
It's Guest's round

jinky

Amazing response and testament to how that site is struggling now.

happypaddler

I think Amy is great - her responses always cheer me up as they are most often not answering a question, attempting to side step something and failing, or a reply with a bizarre very left field, and on occasion incorrect answer.

I can in this case understand her response and reasoning - but as its being held in a very public place, with (I'm guessing - having read about Abers previous exhibitions) other photographers - surly it does not matter if someone is a member of the site or not (be that active or otherwise). A small mention in the correct section, advertising a worthwhile exhibition is surly good for the promotion of photography to its members. If the manager of the location in which the exhibition is being held sent out a press release, would they mention it then?

ABERS

Just a question. Am I right in thinking that you have to be a member of CC to be able to read and contrtibute to the forum here, if so is Amy a member?

greypoint

you can read stuff when you're not logged in - you show on the front page as a guest. I assume you need to be a me,ber to post.

ABERS

So that's how she knew I'd posted her email on here!

greypoint

Have you been banned?? There could be a prize for the first to get an actual ban!

ABERS

Quote from: greypoint on October 02, 2009, 06:12:30 PM
Have you been banned?? There could be a prize for the first to get an actual ban!

Not that I'm aware. I've posted the announcement on the B+W thread that is on their Forum, whether it stays there is another matter. I don't think Amy could be so petty. Could you Amy? ???

greypoint

I think the people who still actually use the site might not be impressed if it was removed ::)

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on October 02, 2009, 04:04:20 PM
Just a question. Am I right in thinking that you have to be a member of CC to be able to read and contrtibute to the forum here, if so is Amy a member?

Alan, like Sue said, anyone can view and read the posts, but they can't post until registered and signed in.  This is the norm for most forums.  Amy is not a member as far as I'm aware.  Doubt they would peruse this site to be honest.  ???

We can however make certain threads viewable to people who are signed in only,  if that's ever needed.  ;) 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.