• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 99
  • Total: 99
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 07, 2011, 06:39:57 PM
You'd think they'd have the decency to pay you interest on the balance. ;)

Well I'm not sure, but I think it's made of Bakelite.
                  Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Reading this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15551818

Photographically what can I buy that's 'British'.  :-\

Can't even get HP sauce from Brum anymore! >:(

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 08, 2011, 08:21:49 AM
Reading this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15551818

Photographically what can I buy that's 'British'.  :-\

Can't even get HP sauce from Brum anymore! >:(

You can buy HP sauce in Brum but it's not made here any more.  :'(

ABERS

Oldboy

The site of the old HP factory has been developed for East End Foods, which supplies Asian stores.  :-\

jinky

Just heard a business expert from Leeds Uni on the radio saying that Italy do not need to make cuts as they can afford their current spending - they just cannot afford the rates charged on monies they need to service their massive debt. ??? Isn`t that like me saying I don`t need to cutback because I can afford my food, rent etc - just cannot afford my direct debits, credit cards etc ( Actually I am more smug than Italy as I have no debts at all just now - not even a mortgage - maybe I should be running Italy as the perks seem good for the President).

Oldboy

It's not the debt but the interest which is the killer. 300 billion is due to be repaid early next year, and if they can't raise the money they will be in default thereby, increasing the interest rate charged on all the debt.  ???

Alfonso_Frisk

If you can't pay your debts, then the nasty bailiff man takes all your stuff.... Now Greece can't pay its debts, do we get a few of its Islands..?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

You might need them for security - the UK's debts are almost 3 times GDP, right up there with Portugal, Ireland, Italy, and yep you guessed it, Greece.

And France and Germany are not far behind. The difference is Greece has virtually no income other than from tourism, whereas all the others do have manufacturing and service industries.

The main problem is the European countries cannot afford their pension liabilities, especially the Civil Service ones. Standby for lots more strikes as reality bites and governments try to balance the books.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Iv'e just got in from work to find a stack of emails from the BBC and the agent of one of the bands I photographed recently.
  Aunty Beeb wants to use several pics on iplayer to promote a concert they have comeing up.
  The agent managed to get them to credit me on iplayer but they wanted Hi Res copies (For the web?) and rights to use them across all platforms in perpetuity ie For ever and ever amen.
   Much as I would love to see my pics on the BBC I reluctantly declined their kind offer of no payment whatsoever.
   What annoys me is that I feel as though Iv'e let the agent down who granted me permission to photograph in the first place.
                   Graham. >:(

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

Quote from: Graham on November 09, 2011, 05:26:02 PM
  Iv'e just got in from work to find a stack of emails from the BBC and the agent of one of the bands I photographed recently.
  Aunty Beeb wants to use several pics on iplayer to promote a concert they have comeing up.
  The agent managed to get them to credit me on iplayer but they wanted Hi Res copies (For the web?) and rights to use them across all platforms in perpetuity ie For ever and ever amen.
   Much as I would love to see my pics on the BBC I reluctantly declined their kind offer of no payment whatsoever.
   What annoys me is that I feel as though Iv'e let the agent down who granted me permission to photograph in the first place.

Would the agent work for the BBC for nothing ?

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on November 09, 2011, 05:26:02 PM

It's a bit arkward to say the least. Why do certain companies expect free photos when the photographer has laid out thousands of pounds on cameras and lenses.  :o

Graham

The agent as just mailed me back and is most understanding about my decision (Which I'm sure will rock the BBC to It's very core!).
  I would'nt mind if it was for once only publication, but oh no, we want high ressolution copies and the right to do pretty much as we wish for no credit and for free.
  That's the last time I watch "Strictly" and no mistake!
                      Graham. >:( :knuppel2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beaux Reflets

It seems so unreal regarding photographs   ::) - When they paid all expenses for use of 'on set' furniture I made and ferried to and from their studios (and my sister in-law who is on the production team of Strictly will be upset if their viewing figures drop).

Stick to your decision , business is business :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

anglefire

Quote from: Graham on November 09, 2011, 06:22:30 PM
  That's the last time I watch "Strictly" and no mistake!
                      Graham. >:( :knuppel2:

Well some good has come out of it then :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.