• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

I must have either lost it or it did not come in the box. I have the APS-C hood adapter and also the step down ring for adding a 85mm filter if rqd, plus the padded case, tripod mount ring andshoulder strap, but thats it.
Looks like hand in pocket time again
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 18, 2011, 07:33:52 PM
I must have either lost it or it did not come in the box. I have the APS-C hood adapter and also the step down ring for adding a 85mm filter if rqd, plus the padded case, tripod mount ring andshoulder strap, but thats it.
Looks like hand in pocket time again

Have a look in the bottom of the box, as it can come lose and fall out if not fitted correctly.  :tup:

Markulous

Get a bunch of lens caps fron China via eBay - personally I prefer the centre pinch caps anyway and they're as cheap as chips  ;)

I tend to go out on a commission and swap lenses around, taking lens caps off and putting them in odd pockets - at the end of the day I might not find all the ones I started with, so use the spares in my camera bag. When I get home and sort stuff out I repatriate all the re-found lens caps to the camera bag!  :tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Hinfrance

Have to admit that I rarely use lens caps, or dust caps as they are properly known, on account of the fact that when you put one on a lens and then take it off, even immediately, the front element (or in my case UV filter) is always covered in dust.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 19, 2011, 08:35:19 AM
Have to admit that I rarely use lens caps, or dust caps as they are properly known, on account of the fact that when you put one on a lens and then take it off, even immediately, the front element (or in my case UV filter) is always covered in dust.
I only use them when the lens is in the bag, just in case there is anything rattling about in there whilst on the move like spare batteries etc.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

ABERS

Watching BBC news this a.m. there was a piece on the centennial of Scott's disastrous attempt to reach the South Pole. Included in the piece was a bloke with a double-barrelled name whose job description was given as 'Adventurer'.

Being somewhat taken by the possibilities that this sort of job might offer, I've just got back from the Job Centre where I went to see what was available in this line of employment. Strangely enough in these times of rising unemployment they couldn't help, apart from suggesting the position of  Electricity and Gas Meter Reader, which they assured me was becoming more adventurous by the day. :o

Which whilst on the subject of unemployment, the Rab C Nesbitt show last week had within it a classic.

Rab and his mate Jamie Cotter had been called to the Job Centre to explain their reasons for being amongst the long term employed.

They were interviewed by a black, blind Muslim lady in a wheelchair who pointed out that despite all her disadvantages she'd landed a job in the public sector. Rab quite rightly pointed out that it was easy for her to do so, since she 'ticked all the  boxes'.  ;)

ABERS

Looking at recent posts I notice each one has the words 'Share This' at the bottom. When you click on this a row of symbols pop up, which I assume will transfer the post to some site or other for other people, i.e. non CC members, to read.

If this is the case, is there any way I can delete it from my posts, since any post I make is for CC members only, not for the world at large. I certainly don't want to get mixed up with Faecebook or Twitter or any other such site.  >:(

P.S. Here it is again!

Mick

Alan, sorry, didn't want to upset you, that wasn't my intension to do so.  So for now I've turned the social buttons off until I can find a better solution.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

Mick, please, no need to apoligise. If other members want it, please continue with it.

Mick

Alan, it's a bit of a balancing act tbh, I'm not going to risk losing faithful members like yourself, but on the other hand I need to try and drive traffic to the site, or it will die a long and painful death, lol..

My Gallery

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: admin on October 26, 2011, 09:33:45 AM
Alan, it's a bit of a balancing act tbh, I'm not going to risk losing faithful members like yourself, but on the other hand I need to try and drive traffic to the site, or it will die a long and painful death, lol..

Is there a CC group on Flickr that can be utilised to encourage more traffic ?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

For what it's worth I've just added a CC link on my website.

I suppose it's possible to add CC as part of your signature on any other web related activity you take part in?

Beaux Reflets

I have popped in CC links on both my blog (which is occasionly updated as and when I am of the mind to post something) and a few shots on Flickr
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

Don't worry about it - it's just old age!
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on October 26, 2011, 11:06:02 AM
For what it's worth I've just added a CC link on my website.

I suppose it's possible to add CC as part of your signature on any other web related activity you take part in?

Thanks Alan, that's much appreciated.  Every little helps as they say.  ;)  :tup:

Quote from: beauxreflets on October 26, 2011, 11:30:51 AM
I have popped in CC links on both my blog (which is occasionly updated as and when I am of the mind to post something) and a few shots on Flickr

Thanks Andy.  :tup:   I'll a have look into the Flickr groups thing too.   Not really used it before to be honest, but it does seem quite popular.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.