• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102
  • Baidu
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

This came with the post. Thought i'd achieved a bit of success until i opened it  :doh:

Nice prezzie - makes me smile and looks great in the mess room in front of the other aspiring photographers  :tup:

Oldboy

Shame it's got his photo inside otherwise you could have fooled them.  :2funny:

ABERS

Just noticed this on 'that other site'!

http://www.photoradar.com/get-our-free-photo-of-the-day-widget-for-your-website

I'm a little hazy, about most things I must admit, but offering contributors images for inclusion on your website seems like a bit of a cheek. If you post on PRadar is this part of the T&C's?

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on June 10, 2010, 07:43:20 AM
If you post on PRadar is this part of the T&C's?

Yep.

QuoteWith respect to Content you upload, post or otherwise transmit to the Website that consists of images and photographs, you grant Future and its group companies a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content: (i) on and through the Website and Website Service, including associated newsletters; and (ii) to promote the Website.

A lawyer would choke on their cornflakes at that use of "and".  Most people would read that as "on the website to promote the website".  It actually says "on the website and anywhere else we feel like if we think it will make us look good".  Haven't looked at their widget but I'm guessing it's an RSS feed with hyperlink back to their site.  So yes, they are displaying your image to promote their website and that's absolutely allowed in the T&Cs.  Whether it should be or not is a different matter....

But it comes back to the argument "oh, we'd never do that" - then why have you assigned yourself the right to do that?
It's Guest's round

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on June 10, 2010, 07:54:58 AM
Quote from: ABERS on June 10, 2010, 07:43:20 AM
If you post on PRadar is this part of the T&C's?

Yep.

QuoteWith respect to Content you upload, post or otherwise transmit to the Website that consists of images and photographs, you grant Future and its group companies a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content: (i) on and through the Website and Website Service, including associated newsletters; and (ii) to promote the Website.

A lawyer would choke on their cornflakes at that use of "and".  Most people would read that as "on the website to promote the website".  It actually says "on the website and anywhere else we feel like if we think it will make us look good".  Haven't looked at their widget but I'm guessing it's an RSS feed with hyperlink back to their site.  So yes, they are displaying your image to promote their website and that's absolutely allowed in the T&Cs.  Whether it should be or not is a different matter....

But it comes back to the argument "oh, we'd never do that" - then why have you assigned yourself the right to do that?

Listen guys. You know me, I'm a simple bloke with simple needs.....Why would a photographer want to display someone elses pictures on their site?
                                                 Graham.  ???
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

There are a few shots on my website that weren't taken by me - but they were OF me when I was doing some off-roading.

But I wouldn't put anyone elses up (Family excepted)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

bones615

bones615

Put me down for the sigma 200-500 f2.8 when i win the lottery.

ABERS

Going to the supermarket and walking with a limp and my right foot and leg feeling somewhat heavy. Got a bit worried until I got back to the car and found I'd got odd shoes on. :o

A lightweight shoe on the left and a heavyweight thicksoled walking shoe on the right. Just like a pair in the cupboard at home :-[

irv_b

Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2010, 02:03:53 PM
Going to the supermarket and walking with a limp and my right foot and leg feeling somewhat heavy. Got a bit worried until I got back to the car and found I'd got odd shoes on. :o

A lightweight shoe on the left and a heavyweight thicksoled walking shoe on the right. Just like a pair in the cupboard at home :-[

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

bones615

Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2010, 02:03:53 PM

I often have socks like that, but not yet gone to that extreme.

picsfor

And just as i was telling some one that you was a man  ???who was well clued up on things...

ABERS

Now the dust has settled and the ramifications of the budget have sunk in somewhat, I'm reminded of a section of Mel Brook's film 'A History of The World Part 1'. In it the senators in ancient Rome are discussing the poor and ways of alleviating their plight. The discussion goes on for several days with all sorts of possible solutions being put forward, but in the end their considered opinion is announced by the senior senator,

"F***k the poor"!

Oldboy

After three years of rotten spring/summers we are getting some nice warm weather. And we know it must be good because North West Utilities has just applied for a hosepipe ban, and is seeking permission to use waters from the lake district.  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.