• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deetus

Had a look at a well known magazine today. In the Outdoor Technique section is a gem.
' by using his feet to move position, Ben reframed his shot '
I've been struggling with that one for ages  :legit:

picsfor

Quote from: deetus on January 20, 2010, 09:42:53 AM
Had a look at a well known magazine today. In the Outdoor Technique section is a gem.

So how have you re-positioned yourself in the past? Levitation - or is that only reserved for your comments  ;D :2funny:

deetus

Quote from: picsfor on January 20, 2010, 09:55:20 AM
Quote from: deetus on January 20, 2010, 09:42:53 AM

So how have you re-positioned yourself in the past? Levitation - or is that only reserved for your comments  ;D :2funny:

Lol, the one I'm waiting for is " in order to take the photo you must squeeze the shutter button "  ;D

jinky

Having been challenged takign photos at our German Market by over zealous security staff for having " a pro type camera" with no permit and there "being lots of kids about"  :o I decided to go official and make formal complaints through my local councillors. I`ve had lots of red tape type bureuacratic talk from Legal Section of the Council that basically says grey areas re; Human Rights and privacy matters but states that on the Civic square phtographs may be taken as long as for personal use and not causing nuisance or annoyance. Open and shut for me then. I now have a meeting today with the Principal Events Officer to find out what they instruct their stewards and why they stop lawful activity. All well and good. Crazy thing is I used to work with (and against some of these people in my previous role. Soem of them should be taking the opportunity of giving me a good kicking given some of the scrapes they got in with me but are avoiding me at all costs and sending in their underlings who usually have not a clue. At the same time I have had 2 emails in from other parts of the Council - one for Bands in The Park thanking Flickr members for taking / donating shots of summer concert season and crediting photographers for their contributions in city publicity and theother from Muesums sevice saying they are about to stop requesting photo releases to be signed in most of their sites and change rules to allow images to go on Flickr and such. ::) All this in days of joined up "One Council" approaches aiming to get departments to all pull together. My meeting is at the Ice Cube - outdoor skatign rink with kids on. Tempted to test them by taking a few shots as i go in but given that Securit tried to stop me last year I`ll take them another day. ;)

picsfor

what - you mean they have red tape in Germany for use by the bureaucrats?  :2funny: ;D :D

Nemesis

I see in this week's AP there is a pro-photographers rights demo in London tomorrow - is anyone going?  I guess it'll be OK as long as you don't try to take photos of the event  :legit:

picsfor

i made enquiries but as i'm not a pro - i thought i'd give it a miss in case i got done for inciting a riot - sorry protest.

CML-1591

Why the hell are PhotoRadar following me on Twitter, pfft.

I did not sign up on the site, can't they take a hint? Prob got my email from when I signed on DCMAG
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Cabbyjohn

Probably old news, but I saw this on the MI5 site. If the link doesn't open have a look on the site. I have copied part of it below.

Important: Section 43 does not prohibit the taking of photographs, film or digital images in a public place and members of the public and the press should not be prevented from doing so in exercise of the powers conferred by section 43.
A police officer can only stop and search a person they reasonably suspect to be a terrorist under this power.

Photography and counter-terrorism

John Doyle2

anglefire

The real joke is that Google maps and street view somewhat make the taking of pictures for terrorist purposes somewhat reduntant. (Well, I would have thought, not being a terrorist I'm not sure what they would want to see in a picture!  :P)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on January 24, 2010, 08:06:47 AM
The real joke is that Google maps and street view somewhat make the taking of pictures for terrorist purposes somewhat reduntant. (Well, I would have thought, not being a terrorist I'm not sure what they would want to see in a picture!  :P)

That was one of my points and Google gives three hundred sixty degree view, so why risk drawing attention by taking pictures.  :(

Nemesis

Actually WBM yesterday evening - looking at some old family photos from the mid-late 60s and realizing how far cameras and photography have evolved (I as going to say developed), and wondering how/why people used to bother taking family snapshots at all back then. 
I can't recall the make of my father's (120) camera, but I know it only had a dial to set the film speed (which would have been incredibly slow by today's ISO standards), and an aperture selector for sunny or cloudy - the youngsters here will never believe it... 
These days we comment about merits of viewfinders, or complain about the lack of them on so many modern compacts, but looking back at these snaps the optical viewfinders back then must have been poor, and seemed to bear little relevance to the view thru the wide-ish angle lens; if the subject was centre of frame, it was so far away to be difficult to discern who or what was being photographed, and if any effort was made to get closer to the subject it was then invariably part or nearly all out of frame!  I can't remember if the camera had any means to alter focus or if it was fixed focus - either way 95+% of the photos were fuzzy or blurred!

deetus

Visited a well known supermarket and noticed that they had Tropicana Orange Juice for sale at £1.66, or 3 for £5.00.
Well they do say that every little helps  ::)

anglefire

Quote from: deetus on January 25, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
Visited a well known supermarket and noticed that they had Tropicana Orange Juice for sale at £1.66, or 3 for £5.00.
Well they do say that every little helps  ::)

Well, no one said who it helps!  ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.