• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
  • Google (AdSense)
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on June 05, 2011, 11:41:48 AM

What, no lenses!  :o

50 and a 20.  Plus the P7000 in case I need a tele.  I'd hoped to squeeze the 105 in as well (I'll have it in Peru) but sadly it's too heavy. 
It's Guest's round

Graham

I bought a new cycle the other week. :dance:   ( Sorry cyclist haters. :knuppel2:)
  Anyway. How did Amazon get to hear about it? They keep suggesting that I may like to buy the latest Lance Armstrong biog. etc. (Goes straight to spam.)
  Have they seen my Visa bill, or been snooping around my garage?
                     Graham. :-\
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Did you look for a new bike on Amazon before buying elsewhere?

I accidentally bought a new bike a couple of months ago, spent my 'get a new lens' savings on it. Well, it just looked so nice and my old bike is the best part of 20 years old  :)

But I bought it from a shop and Amazon don't know about it. At least they didn't until I posted this . .  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Bought from local bike shop, and Amazon only know of my whereabouts because of wifey!
                    Graham. :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

So that great democrat Vince Cable wants to impose some sort of minimum level of voting within unions to achieve his goal of stopping strikes then!
If we had a minimum level of poll of say 50% for national elections we would all have to manage without politicians - might not be such a bad idea after all  :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on June 06, 2011, 07:38:48 PM
So that great democrat Vince Cable wants to impose some sort of minimum level of voting within unions to achieve his goal of stopping strikes then!
If we had a minimum level of poll of say 50% for national elections we would all have to manage without politicians - might not be such a bad idea after all  :tup:

That's no good, as the old lot would remain in power saying no one voted them out!  :o

greypoint

The camera never lies? I wanted to check the shutter count on my Pentax K-X  so looked up the exif data using Irfanview. Scrolling down it showed the picture was taken with a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 HSM - strange thing is....I sold my 70-200mm a couple of months before I bought the K-X  :o :dance:

picsfor

I was part of an event shoot last weekend, and my battery info tells me i took 2759 pics over the 2 days.

Most running around the outsides of the football pitch trying to catch the little bu**ars up to get the good shots  :-[

And for the geeks, that was with 62% of the 2 batteries installed in the grip...

anglefire

My MkIII has taken over 4000 shots on a single charge - I have heard of togs getting 6000! :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Mark, the MkIII has a much better battery than a 5DII - the 1D series (and Nikon D3 series) are known for the incredible battery lives.
The 5DII is also known for good battery life, but with 2 of them... Still running on that charge...

On a different tack - i've been digitising a work colleagues Wedding Pics from the old 6x6 negs (sighs as he remembers the good old days).
How on earth did togs make money from such rubbish?  :doh:

The digital age has really raised the game for weddings and other similar types of shoots.

Wedding comprised a grand total of 60 shots and out of those, probably only 3 would be keepers by current standards, and before any one jumps in and says rubbish tog - these are typical of what you could expect in the film era. Remember, no screen on the back of the camera with which to review the pics taken - you had to wait until you got back home and got them developed. Oh, ad no Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture to recover them with...

I just wonder how many of todays wedding togs would still do Weddings and Portraits under such conditions?

spinner

It annoyed me at the time, but I was out of town and not on the 'net. Now it's just bemused me. Last Sat. evening, my son, daughter and self went on a walking tour of an historical Jail in Ottawa. Took my Sony with me with flash attached. Had made a point of putting new batteries in it before leaving home. Of course, damn thing wouldn't work not the built in or the attached.  Got some really grainy shots at 3200 iso. Was miffed. Next day went to the Nature museum, same camera, flash still attached (wasn't going to fiddle with it until I got home again). As a lark I decided to give the flash another try and wonder of wonders it worked. My wife has come up with the only plausible explanation, the ghost in the old Jail didn't want their pictures taken.  ;)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Just got back from a few days in Dorset. I always thought that London parking was a ripoff but they ain't got anything to learn from those old Dorset boys. Get a field with access to a beach and you're made for life. ::)

All those old folks' homes that are threatened with closure seem to have emptied their clientele in Bournemouth. We're no spring chickens, but I reckon we brought the average age down by at least 15 years whilst we were there.

Did have one moment of concern. Got up early and drove into Bournemouth town centre to try and capture a bit of faded grandeur around the pier. Walked under the pier and bumped into the Bournemouth Breakfast Club starting their day with large bottles of cheap cider and cans of beer. I thought they might be a group of Albanian asylum seekers dropped off a passing Albanian freighter during the night, but the smell that emanated from them convinced me they hadn't been anywhere water for some time.
They looked at me, I looked at them and noticed the string tethering a large dog tightened and looked somewhat skimpy, so I bade them the rest of a good day and beat a hasty retreat. :legit:
So if you visit Bournemouth pier make sure it's when there are plenty of folk around.
Had a nice relaxing time though. :tup: :beer:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on June 11, 2011, 11:12:42 PM
All those old folks' homes that are threatened with closure seem to have emptied their clientele in Bournemouth. We're no spring chickens, but I reckon we brought the average age down by at least 15 years whilst we were there.

I know what you mean.
      I had cause to go to Eastbourne last year.....Bloody ramps everywear! And all the shop windows were bifocal. (Though I may have imagined that bit.).
                      Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

It's just a few days to the longest day and they had snow in Wales yesterday!  :o

greypoint

On May 30th we held a dog show for our charity at the local country park - it rained all day...after 2 weeks with only the odd shower it's now raining persistently again.....another charity is holding a fun dog show and rally at the same country park today  ::)
On the plus side I saw the forecast and had an hour and a half out along the river first thing this morning in beautiful sunshine  :dance: :dance:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.