• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 250
  • Total: 250
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Post your best shots here

Started by oRGie, October 11, 2009, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

kerbside

Thought that I would post these 2 pictures taken earlier this year in Balluta Bay Harbour - Malta.
I like them due to the light and colours and there is some HDR malarkey going on with these as well.
Open to comments.

Chris, must say I love your "a beautiful evening" shot, great colours and the composition has a good lead in line that draws you into the pic.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on July 15, 2014, 12:14:34 PM
I think that this is my first post in this thread.
Anyway, I took this a few weeks ago.

A beautiful evening.

I really like the depth within the shot, and the rays of light work well in leading the eye to explore the patterns of light upon the background. However (in my humble opinion), the darkness of tones in the foreground do not hold sufficient detail to retain visual interest, and perhaps carefully lifting that aspect may improve the overall balance of the composition.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: kerbside on July 17, 2014, 12:09:57 PM
Thought that I would post these 2 pictures taken earlier this year in Balluta Bay Harbour - Malta.
I like them due to the light and colours and there is some HDR malarkey going on with these as well.
Open to comments.

Chris, must say I love your "a beautiful evening" shot, great colours and the composition has a good lead in line that draws you into the pic.

I quiet like the general colour balance in both shots Jeff (although viewed together the second shot gives a washed out feeling), however the buildings alignment, lens distortion? throws my eyes off a bit.

Is the Chromatic Aberration or the effect of it purposeful?

kerbside

Andy,

I did not think that there was much in either picture especially around the buildings where you would most likely find it.

Lens was a 10mm I think so maybe a bit of distortion but hey, I quite like them, know what you mean about the second shot though.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: kerbside on July 17, 2014, 02:10:43 PM
Andy,

I did not think that there was much in either picture especially around the buildings where you would most likely find it.

Lens was a 10mm I think so maybe a bit of distortion but hey, I quite like them, know what you mean about the second shot though.

Perhaps it is just an inherant effect Jeff. But when viewed larger on screen, I can see very distinct Red halo lining in both shots (feinter in the second shot) that I associate with Aberration.

kerbside

Just enlarged the picture by 300% on my 28" screen and I CAN see some red halo around some of the buildings and yes you are correct but in normal viewing I can see nothing.

Jediboy

Jeff, Andy, Thanks for your comments.
I can see what you're saying Andy, I'll try and have another 'play' with it soon and see how it looks.
Nice photos too Jeff. Love the blue water against the blue sky. Never been to Malta but it looks beautiful.

Chris

Jediboy

This is just down the road from where I live, and as such I've taken w=quite a few photos of it - daytime, nightime, in the snow.............
This is a HDR (5 photos if I recall correctly) processed in Photomatix.

Chris

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 10:12:52 AM
I can see what you're saying Andy, I'll try and have another 'play' with it soon and see how it looks.
Nice photos too Jeff. Love the blue water against the blue sky. Never been to Malta but it looks beautiful.

Don't over do it Chris. If it were mine I would just isolate the grass foreground, lift the Exposure level a wee tad and adjust the Saturation to rebalance (on a seperate layer) making the most of the sun rays passing through as a starting point.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 10:36:46 AM
This is just down the road from where I live, and as such I've taken w=quite a few photos of it - daytime, nightime, in the snow.............

That is very nice Chris. It has the feeling of an Etched Print to it. Nice one.

Jediboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on July 18, 2014, 10:54:45 AM

Cheers Andy. :)

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on July 18, 2014, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 10:12:52 AM

Don't over do it Chris. If it were mine I would just isolate the grass foreground, lift the Exposure level a wee tad and adjust the Saturation to rebalance (on a seperate layer) making the most of the sun rays passing through as a starting point.

Thanks for the tips Andy. Photoshop isn't my forte but I'll give it a go.

Chris

Jediboy

I found this one that I had processed slightly differently.

Chris

hssutton

Quote from: Jediboy on July 18, 2014, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on July 18, 2014, 10:54:45 AM

Fabulous shot Chris, you should be proud of this one. Not sure if it's me, but there appears to be a slight problem in the cloud formation top left, where the cloud appears to be in a straight line, very easily corrected, if indeed it is a problem caused by Photomatix.

Harry

Cheers Andy. :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.