• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
  • Baidu
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Local Tourist Encouragement CHAT THREAD 28th July – 4th August 2019 Competition

Started by SimonW, July 27, 2019, 07:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

CHAT THREAD

Subject:  Local Tourist Encouragement

A photo taken within your local area which would encourage a viewer to visit. The location should ideally be within walking distance or a short drive of your house.

Pictures should be taken between now and Sunday 4th August  2019, 23:59, but if you are away from home or restricted by things like unsuitable weather  please enter something from your personal archives.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 5th August  2019.
Poll will be up Tuesday 6th August  2019.

Winner to be announced Saturday 10th August 2019

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

SimonW

Oh Dear, I thought this would be easy but I've just discovered how hard it is to take a "tourist" shot close to home in a new and interesting way when I've already taken so many. Perhaps we could accept a slightly looser definition of "local".

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Jediboy

This is going to be tricky. I live in boring old Northamptonshire and it doesn't really have much in the way of tourism. I'll find something though.

I've just left Tenby which was wonderful and very touristy but I don't live there.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

No matter where you live there must be something to attract people? Think leisure or shopping centre. Museums or art centre or even the local red light area :yikes: 

Jediboy

You've clearly never been to Northampton OB!
Or have you?  :o
Have a couple of ideas but just need to get them now!

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on August 02, 2019, 08:21:44 PM
No matter where you live there must be something to attract people? Think leisure or shopping centre. Museums or art centre or even the local red light area :yikes:

I`m off down to Leeds red light area tonight with my camera oldboy. What can possibly go wrong>  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on August 03, 2019, 08:25:09 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 02, 2019, 08:21:44 PM

I`m off down to Leeds red light area tonight with my camera oldboy. What can possibly go wrong>  ;)

Just remember no flashing!  :P

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on August 02, 2019, 08:57:05 PM
You've clearly never been to Northampton OB!
Or have you?  :o
Have a couple of ideas but just need to get them now!

A few times in the seventies but not since.  :-X

Jediboy

Chris

Jediboy

This is my entry, promoting the beauty of rural Northants. Its a combination of some old photos and also ones taken for this comp.

Chris

SimonW

I did in fact succeed in finding a new view (by climbing a ladder) of what is probably the most popular local attraction. And I was lucky the sun peeped through the clouds at that moment and illuminated just the right spot on an otherwise very overcast day.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.