• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

photo size

Started by Sarasocke, August 28, 2009, 08:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

We recently had a visit from a photographer in our animal shelter in Romania. Her photos are really lovely http://www.australian-shepherd.kunstvirus.de/fotos/miercurea/gallery/.

She told me that it is a lot of work to send us the originals as each original photo is about 25 MB.
I have a Nikon D80, shoot in RAW, process in PSE and save at the highest setting. I rarely reach 10MB, mostly thy're around 4-7 MB. Am I doing something wrong, or does one need professional equipment ?

How big are your original photos ?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

As a Tiff file the photos from a D3 is 35mb whereas, from the D3x it's 70mb. So, even as a jpeg file it can be upto 10mb on a D3. When opened in Photoshop's CS3 it will show the mb as Tiff size.  ;D

Trickee

Hi Sarasocke

I too have a D80 and my original file sizes are the same as yours.
what camera is she using?
which file type does she upload in? sound like TIFFS at 25MB.
Files in JPG at 200k are more than enough for web viewing.

Sarasocke

I've asked what kind of camera she has (e-mail), but your probably right with the tiff idea.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.