• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 30, 2013, 03:49:24 PM
I`d rather be called a pepperpot than a prick though  :D

So it is working! Hadn't thought of trying it.
I agree that pepperpot sounds a lot better than that other word!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Assembling my Recesky 35mm TLR this afternoon (£7.80 including delivery). Hours of fun. After about two hours, got almost to the end of the build and spied a tiny piece with a couple of slots in it. Hmmm I think to myself, I wonder what that is? So back to the instruction sheet and parts list and yep, you've guessed it, it was about the third piece that should have gone in. So I had to disassemble the whole thing. The good thing was that as I had already had to work out how to put it together once it only took ten minutes to take apart and put together again.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 11, 2013, 04:18:27 PM
Assembling my Recesky 35mm TLR this afternoon (£7.80 including delivery). Hours of fun. After about two hours, got almost to the end of the build and spied a tiny piece with a couple of slots in it. Hmmm I think to myself, I wonder what that is? So back to the instruction sheet and parts list and yep, you've guessed it, it was about the third piece that should have gone in. So I had to disassemble the whole thing. The good thing was that as I had already had to work out how to put it together once it only took ten minutes to take apart and put together again.

You live and learn. I hope.

Hope you have lots of fun with it!

spinner

It's technically Spring, but my back garden has a 1/4 inch of ice coating everything. I nearly slipped and broke my neck walking to my front drive. BUT, I did see (American) Robins a bob, bob, bobbin' along yesterday.  ::)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on April 12, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
It's technically Spring, but my back garden has a 1/4 inch of ice coating everything. I nearly slipped and broke my neck walking to my front drive. BUT, I did see (American) Robins a bob, bob, bobbin' along yesterday.  ::)
I saw one on the weekend.  I had no ice at home, but as I came north to work it got colder and hit 0C.  Lots of ice on trees.  It was so windy I could not get a good photo with my iPhone. 

spinner

I feel bad for my son and his wife, they live in Ottawa, they were getting another 10 cm. of ......Snow. :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Here, central Southern England, the temperature is very slowly creeping up, but it doesn't look like spring yet.
Woke up to blazing sunshine, only to see it disappear before my eyes within ten minutes. It's now grey all over; difficult to determine whether it's mist or distant drizzle.

Graham

Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME I look at my watch to check the date,  it's quarter past something o'clock and the minute hand is covering the little box that tells me the date!
   Why does that annoy me so much?
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on May 04, 2013, 08:33:21 AM
   Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME I look at my watch to check the date,  it's quarter past something o'clock and the minute hand is covering the little box that tells me the date!

As it's happening every time, I suppose the annoyance builds up and up. Till one of these days, you rip off the hands. (And buy a different watch.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 04, 2013, 08:33:21 AM

Ah! That's because your circadian rhythm is out of synch with the natural clock cycle and needs to be reset.  :doh:

Oldboy

This from New Scientist.  :P

For a less conventional meal, Anjan Contractor of Systems and Materials Research Corporation in Austin, Texas, has NASA funding to develop a 3D printer for hot food on deep-space missions. The food powders are UV sterilised, fortified with nutrients and have a shelf life of at least 15 years, says Contractor. His team has so far printed noodles, turkey loaf, basil paste, bread and cake?– though they won't taste their creations until a new, food-only printer is used for the job.

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2013, 07:58:32 PM

For a less conventional meal, Anjan Contractor of Systems and Materials Research Corporation in Austin, Texas, has NASA funding to develop a 3D printer for hot food on deep-space missions. The food powders are UV sterilised, fortified with nutrients and have a shelf life of at least 15 years, says Contractor. His team has so far printed noodles, turkey loaf, basil paste, bread and cake?– though they won't taste their creations until a new, food-only printer is used for the job.

Looking forward to future dinner parties!

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on May 16, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

Yes. Looking forward to 'phoning the takeaway with "Fax me a pizza".  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 16, 2013, 08:23:35 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 16, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

Yes. Looking forward to 'phoning the takeaway with "Fax me a pizza".  :dance:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

alan1572

Driving into wigan at 6am this morning to see 2 lads barely able to stand up after drinking their way through the night, it bemused me a little as it wasn't me
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.