• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: spinner on December 27, 2011, 01:40:59 AM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 27, 2011, 12:27:28 AM
I bought the wife the DVD box set of HP for xmas.
Went to test it and found that they had sent me the blu ray version, but we don't have a blu ray player :-[
Ive been thinking of buying one for a while then wifey says " lets get a blu ray player instead of sending the box set back. my treat" ;D

"Go on then" I replied ;) ;) so off she pooped to to the retail park and got a Panasonic half price in the sales :tup:
Agreed the quality difference is amazing so tomorrow its a web browse for some bargains on films etc ;D ;D

Maybe it's because it's HP? Or a box set? I got Cowyboys & Aliens for Christmas & it's got a BluRay, a regular DVD and a "digital " copy to play on my iPad. All in one box.
I may have confused you a little Spin.
HP = Harry Potter
All the disks in the box are Blu ray
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Lepach

I have just been studying the POTY three finalists images again. As has been said," Each one could win it", but I'm happy with my choice. Would anyone go to the bother to get other people to vote for it? Or worse, use some  electronic underhand method of getting their image accepted as the winner is beyond me.
How could you possibly live with that? :(

Graham

Quote from: Lepach on December 28, 2011, 08:15:41 AM
I have just been studying the POTY three finalists images again. As has been said," Each one could win it", but I'm happy with my choice. Would anyone go to the bother to get other people to vote for it? Or worse, use some  electronic underhand method of getting their image accepted as the winner is beyond me.
How could you possibly live with that? :(
We could'nt, so we don't. It's not how we were raised.
             Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Eileen

My gas boiler has been playing up for weeks - cutting out so there is no hot water or heating for a period, then coming on again when it feels like it. Made an appointment last week for B Gas engineer to come today. Of course, since I got back from Chiristmas trip last night it has behaved well and engineer couldn't replicate the fault today, whatever he tried. Not sure whether to be happy it is working OK for now, or fed up because I know it will start to play up again, probably at a time when it isn't easy for me to be at home.  :-\ Oh well, at least I am warm and comfortable, which is better than many can say just now!  :)

Hinfrance

Went to order a new washing machine this morning on a site advertising free delivery on such items. When we got to the checkout page there was a whacking extra charge for delivery. Retracing our steps we found that there was an almost invisible asterisk next to the main banner - finding the additional text, not an easy task, it was found to read 'on items displaying a free delivery sign'. Guess what, no machine with a price of less than €500 had free delivery.

It's enough to make you buy a machine locally. Which we shall probably do now.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 27, 2011, 09:20:03 AM
Quote from: spinner on December 27, 2011, 01:40:59 AM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 27, 2011, 12:27:28 AM
I bought the wife the DVD box set of HP for xmas.
Went to test it and found that they had sent me the blu ray version, but we don't have a blu ray player :-[
Ive been thinking of buying one for a while then wifey says " lets get a blu ray player instead of sending the box set back. my treat" ;D

"Go on then" I replied ;) ;) so off she pooped to to the retail park and got a Panasonic half price in the sales :tup:
Agreed the quality difference is amazing so tomorrow its a web browse for some bargains on films etc ;D ;D

Maybe it's because it's HP? Or a box set? I got Cowyboys & Aliens for Christmas & it's got a BluRay, a regular DVD and a "digital " copy to play on my iPad. All in one box.
I may have confused you a little Spin.
HP = Harry Potter
All the disks in the box are Blu ray

Not to worry, I knew was Harry, wifey and daughter are HP crazy. (I did briefly think Hewlett Packard but settled on Harry). Maybe be the way they're marketed here, but I just checked. Wife's copy of Deathly Hallows PT.1 is BluRay + DVD + Digital copy, 3 discs inside.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Having to go back to work tomorrow - at around 1pm - which is good, but finishing at between 11 and 12pm, which is not so good :(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 28, 2011, 04:14:30 PM
Went to order a new washing machine this morning on a site advertising free delivery on such items. When we got to the checkout page there was a whacking extra charge for delivery. Retracing our steps we found that there was an almost invisible asterisk next to the main banner - finding the additional text, not an easy task, it was found to read 'on items displaying a free delivery sign'. Guess what, no machine with a price of less than €500 had free delivery.

It's enough to make you buy a machine locally. Which we shall probably do now.

Is there anything resembling John Lewis in your part of the world?
We buy everything there (all 'machinery'), to great satisfaction.

In the past I bought two laptops, and in both cases I got £100 back a month later, because they had reduced their own prices. The 'never knowingly undersold' policy lasted, I think, for three months. The only thing you have to do, is keep an eye on the price.

I believe delivery is still free too.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

No Re, there is nothing like John Lewis in La Belle. Consumer rights are rather in the dark ages - you have to really watch out for the catches in any offers - and there are always catches.

The last thing I bought from John Lewis cost me about £50 more than everyone else was selling it for, but they had it in stock. I thought the 'never knowingly undersold' thing was a joke, because I have never got anything from them that was a bargain, although their service is always good, so I didn't mind. Perhaps I should have paid more attention.

As for the washing machine, we'll wait for the sales in a few week's time to see what we can get locally. And a fridge. And several hundred €s worth of repairs to the lawnmower. And the car is nearly on its last legs too. We'll be spending a lot this year, but all on necessities.  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Getting a quote for contents insurance today. 

First thing I was asked was, what do I estimate the value of our contents, gave them a figure without really thinking about it, and they refused to insure me because in their words, "We would be over quoting you"  they have a minimum limit of £50.000, so if your contents is worth less than that they won't insure you.

So have Direct line lost the plot, or am I missing something??

Anyway, they lost a sale, because I rang another company (who have a higher limit £70.000, gave them the same info and am now insured.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Don't know anything about insurance Mick, so I can't comment.

Know a fair bit about John Lewis though, and may be able to give some advice.

In my experience, their slogan does not mean they have the lowest prices. They do however match the lower price of a rival within three months of putchase. I believe it now has to be a High Street rival, within a certain area, but I'm not sure; internet rivals are not 'valid.' (Sorry don't know how to say this, but you get my drift.)

So it is up to you, the purchaser, to keep an eye on the prices, and go back to them with proof and you'll get your money back.

It was easy for me and my laptops, as they were reduced in the sale in the same shop where I bought them. Just had to show the till slip and point at their reduced counterpart and hey presto.

And you can't fault JL for service!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

I`ve been cut off from the Internet forever it seems. First my in-laws come for Christmas and take my computer room over for a week - my wife seems to think it is a spare bedroom??? The when I log back on on departure  I find I have a "fair" wifi signal - the best I usually get in that room but no programme will open. Firing up my old sony pc which I rarely use but which my wi-fi connections run through I find I once more have to change the channel to get my reception restore. Every 6 moths or so my signal l seems to drop out and I have to change from channel 5 to 9 and back. Whys should this be? Technology ???

Graham

Quote from: jinky on December 30, 2011, 07:24:18 AM
I`ve been cut off from the Internet forever it seems. First my in-laws come for Christmas and take my computer room over for a week - my wife seems to think it is a spare bedroom??? The when I log back on on departure  I find I have a "fair" wifi signal - the best I usually get in that room but no programme will open. Firing up my old sony pc which I rarely use but which my wi-fi connections run through I find I once more have to change the channel to get my reception restore. Every 6 moths or so my signal l seems to drop out and I have to change from channel 5 to 9 and back. Whys should this be? Technology ???

"Spare Room"!...... "Spare Room"!!.....It's the international comunication facillity and nothing less.
                  Graham.  :knuppel2:  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on December 30, 2011, 12:00:56 PM

"Spare Room"!...... "Spare Room"!!.....It's the international comunication facillity and nothing less.
                  Graham.  :knuppel2:  :tup:

Mine is known as The Orifice due to its untidy nature! :-[

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.