• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
  • Google
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Pork with Apple - perfect combination.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Forseti

It appears that Herr Hitler isn't too impressed with the iPad either.  :legit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

You can't help thinking that an awful lot of royalties are due the actors in that scene.
Is it is the most parodied sketch ever?

Although you know what the footage is like - as soon as you start to read the sub titles, you start laughing.
Thank god you can't get it on an iPad  ::)

picsfor

OK, what amused me today?

My Skin Tag - source of soooo much pain and discomfort and the cause of a reduction in mobility and missing Sundays Butterfly trip has apparently had the audacity to just fall off!  >:(

Can you believe that, not so much as a by your leave or with your leave - just upped and fell off. No idea when, where, how or why!

Oh well, best make arrangements to go and see the Butterfly's tomorrow! About time they got shot with a decent Canon  ::)

Forseti

Herman Van Rompuy - President of the European Council.
Jose Manuel Barroso - President of the European Commission
Jose Luis Rodriguez - President in Office during Spain's six-month presidency of the EU (also the Spanish prime minister).

Our local news reports that the US president Barack Obama has called off a visit to a joint summit meeting scheduled for May in Madrid because of uncertainty of who he should be shaking hands with. One Brussels diplomat is reported as saying: "The US simply don't know who they're meant to be dealing with.  They thought the Lisbon treaty was meant to solve all these problems." PJ Crowley, the US assistant secretary of state, voiced the uncertainty in Washington over who runs the EU.

Sounds as though I'm not the only one bemused/confused - no wonder Europe is in a mess. Answers on a postcard please, preferably to Barack Obama.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Oldboy

Quote from: Forseti on February 03, 2010, 09:59:24 AM
Herman Van Rompuy - President of the European Council.
Jose Manuel Barroso - President of the European Commission
Jose Luis Rodriguez - President in Office during Spain's six-month presidency of the EU (also the Spanish prime minister).

Our local news reports that the US president Barack Obama has called off a visit to a joint summit meeting scheduled for May in Madrid because of uncertainty of who he should be shaking hands with. One Brussels diplomat is reported as saying: "The US simply don't know who they're meant to be dealing with.  They thought the Lisbon treaty was meant to solve all these problems." PJ Crowley, the US assistant secretary of state, voiced the uncertainty in Washington over who runs the EU.

Sounds as though I'm not the only one bemused/confused - no wonder Europe is in a mess. Answers on a postcard please, preferably to Barack Obama.

I doubt you would fit all the names on a postcard!  :o

Hinfrance

Not that you ought to feel just a little bit paranoid:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/03/police_anpr/

So, they have thousands of cameras taking pictures of you every day, but you can only take pictures of them if you can run fast enough . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Now a precedent has been set, I must try this when I next get a parking ticket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8497365.stm

Although saying Jesus Christ has never really worked in the past I'll try invoking the help of Mohhamed next time! ::)

nickt

Quote from: ABERS on February 04, 2010, 07:53:14 AM

Although saying Jesus Christ has never really worked in the past I'll try invoking the help of Mohhamed next time! ::)

I wouldn't expect anything less from a prat like her.

Nick

Hinfrance

Given that the judge is a leading light in Opus Dei, expressing your devotion to the Virgin Mary might work even better.

Meanwhile, more legal insanity:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8497433.stm

Just goes to show how much judges know about music. Or anything, come to that. The flute part could have been just about anything (and only one small phrase, repeated a few times,  is actually similar to the refrain in the Kookaburra song) - it had nothing to do with why the song was worldwide hit. I'll take a wild stab that it might have had something to do with the lyrics.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on February 04, 2010, 07:53:14 AM

What am I missing here, rather, what is she missing? Every Islamist suicide bomber is religious, fanatically so, that's how they can ignite the bomb, their belief in heaven.  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Nemesis

A sign in a discount shoe outlet "Buy one get one free" - call me old fashioned, but that used to be known as a pair of shoes  ;)

Mind you, I am looking forward to Saturday, a local nurseries are having a "pot sale" - I'm sure its illegal, but...

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jonathan

Been shooting in a studio in London all week. (Out at 5:30 am - home at 8:00 pm kind of thing...)

Turned my 'puter on for the first time since Sunday.  I have 279 unread emails.  Those are the ones that made it through the elaborate spam filters I run.  So tomorrow I'll need to read them all.....

Plus I probably got a load of spam.  I get about 5K per month.

Triffic.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on February 04, 2010, 10:05:53 PM
I have 279 unread emails. Plus I probably got a load of spam.  I get about 5K per month.

the price of being popular  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.