• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 262
  • Total: 262
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on July 15, 2016, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on July 15, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
It got better and better by the look of it!

My enthusiasm for fast cars and motorbikes, cannot have been that deep rooted, and probably came (and went) with certain boyfriends.

When I discovered cruising (in ships!!!), my life changed (and I met my future husband), but I kept my love for engine rooms. Sadly they were strictly off limits, and I only occasionally managed to get a peep in. Fascinating places, especially in the older ships; now it's all computers I believe, though there still must be powerful engines that actually drive the ship.

So, the love of engineering is still there, only in a totally different way.

I`ve just won a competition to do a backstage visit on a cruise ship seeing the kitchens / bridge etc and getting a free lunch / cocktail demonstration and trial  in one of the speciality restaurants on the Emerald princess in Southampton. Fortunately we`re visiting my daughter nearby in the few days before so works out well. Should be fun!

Lucky you.

If you can't make it at the last minute, I'm happy to stand in, as it's only just down the road.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Been reading Good Housekeeping again Jinky? ;)

David Blandford

Last Night I went on a steam and Glamour photo-shoot are Didcot Railway Centre.  First time I have photographed models but totally enjoyed it, so it will not be the last!! One photo posted in the gallery I would appreciate comments and feedback please.        :tup:
still trying to paint with light!!

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on July 15, 2016, 08:52:26 PM
Been reading Good Housekeeping again Jinky? ;)

Came up on my facebook newsfeed as I`d bought my wife a subscription deal last year - worth it though  ;)

anglefire

Quote from: David Blandford on July 15, 2016, 09:47:27 PM
Last Night I went on a steam and Glamour photo-shoot are Didcot Railway Centre.  First time I have photographed models but totally enjoyed it, so it will not be the last!! One photo posted in the gallery I would appreciate comments and feedback please.        :tup:

Dave, I've added some comments. I'm no way a model photographer myself, though I've done a couple, so take what I said with that in mind.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Left a comment too. Must have been a fun shoot. The only time I did one I deliberately hung back until others piled in and tried to stage my own poses rather than sharing the same one as many did. Liked it enough to organise my own shoot with some models through Model mayhem and a couple of other friend photographers which was fun. Would love to do another but cannot be bothered with the hassle of organising one!

David Blandford

Quote from: anglefire on July 16, 2016, 08:24:24 AM

Dave, I've added some comments. I'm no way a model photographer myself, though I've done a couple, so take what I said with that in mind.

Thanks for your comments Anglefire & Jinky, they are much appreciated. You are both right in fact it was the last pose of the night, in fact two of the models had already left to get their trains home! There was a total clamour as 35 Photographers were trying to get their shots in the moments before darkness set in. So the models did not know which way to look as there was a chorus of "look over there please" from all directions.  I learned a lot from the shoot and also your comments, many thanks. If any one else would like, to add their ten pence worth, please do. I feel you can learn a lot from constructive criticism of your work.
still trying to paint with light!!

jinky

[/quote]

Thanks for your comments Anglefire & Jinky, they are much appreciated. You are both right in fact it was the last pose of the night, in fact two of the models had already left to get their trains home! There was a total clamour as 35 Photographers were trying to get their shots in the moments before darkness set in. So the models did not know which way to look as there was a chorus of "look over there please" from all directions.  I learned a lot from the shoot and also your comments, many thanks. If any one else would like, to add their ten pence worth, please do. I feel you can learn a lot from constructive criticism of your work.
[/quote]

The biggest thing I learned when I did a Groupon model shoot (for just £10!) with a new fashion / model  studio setting up in Leeds was to direct the models more. They all had their own favourite poses  and tended to throw those poses to the hordes in  front eager to lap them up. Easier for the models and the photographers  shooting with models for maybe the first time. A guy from the agency chatted to me and took me to one side with a model when he saw I was more interested in technique than some others (one guy came without a camera!) and really helped me develop confidence in developing scenes / poses and the models involved seemed to like not having to do their own thing. Not that practical when you have a large group of photographers usually though but really helped me when I set my own thing up. here`s some shots from that Groupon shoot if interested:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6901089302451340009#editor/target=post;postID=4523006621515073847;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=47;src=postname

and this inspired me to set up my own shoot a couple of months later in the Corn exchange building I love in Leeds where I was amazed to find that the manager gave me free access to upstairs units and I tied in with a guitar shop and clothes shops in exchange for some shots I shared. Was really nervous at start of the day wondering what to do with the 5 moderls we had between 3 of us but really developed my confidence throughout the day and made me decide to shoot semi professionally shortly afterwards.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6901089302451340009#editor/target=post;postID=6306659773898372475;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=45;src=postname
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?
blogID=6901089302451340009#editor/target=post;postID=6415365078318039457;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=43;src=postname

Hinfrance

An unusual photobomb DD. Although given the numbers of seagulls (and cats) it's surprising that it's still possible to take  picture anywhere without one of the critters being in the frame somewhere.

Paul - none of your links in the previous post are accessible - I just get a message saying I don't have permission to view the pages.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 26, 2016, 08:15:33 AM
An unusual photobomb DD. Although given the numbers of seagulls (and cats) it's surprising that it's still possible to take  picture anywhere without one of the critters being in the frame somewhere.

I bet you would have enjoyed a cat in that situation!

ABERS

Yesterday actually.  A belated father's day present. Went to Wembley with all of family to see Liverpool thrash Barcelona  4-0.

Tremendous  atmosphere, Liverpool  supporters must be the best, nigh on 80,000 singing full throated YNWA  brings a lump to the throat, especially it was my wife's favourite anthem. Sung at her funeral last year with the congregation joining in wholeheartedly, reducing the most stony hearted to tears.

Reinardina

That must have been tremendous.

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 07, 2016, 12:02:01 PM
Yesterday actually.  A belated father's day present. Went to Wembley with all of family to see Liverpool thrash Barcelona  4-0.

Tremendous  atmosphere, Liverpool  supporters must be the best, nigh on 80,000 singing full throated YNWA  brings a lump to the throat, especially it was my wife's favourite anthem. Sung at her funeral last year with the congregation joining in wholeheartedly, reducing the most stony hearted to tears.

A lump to the throat. Must have brought back sad memories as well as many happy times.

DigiDiva

I didn't know about your wife Abers. I'm sorry to hear but as  Oldboy said you have happy memories.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.