• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 124
  • Total: 124
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I know personally the people who posted the comments I quoted. They all live in the South of England.

Typical from the Guardian comments today:

"The majority did not vote for brexit. Only the idiots did"

That's told you (sarc)

The trouble is, I don't think they will ever calm down. Best two out of three is the current proposal: let's keep on voting until they get what they want . . . and now Sturgeon is talking about blocking the passage of A50. Frankly I despair - the vote was clear.

And that's my last word on the matter. Time to move on.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Adobe. The Creative Cloud updated Photoshop today. Now it won't even start.

Just rolling back to the previous version.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

Having to put all my programs in my PC due to the hard drive corrupting an not being able to retrieve the data and losing some of my pictures and Videos  :yikes:
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

jinky

Ordered my new PC from Medio and got an email confirming it would be delivered to no 22 on Monday. Trouble is I live at no2 - same as the invoice address quoted next to it. No phone number for the delivery people, no-one working at medio today to get it changed. Seemed best to hit a button asking them to leave it with the neighbour at number 2 as I won`t be in....  but of course I will be in at no 2 and not 22. All clear? Let`s hope that works. I should at least get a text or call giving me a one hour delivery slot if they follow their own instructions.

Reinardina

Very poor Internet connection. Took me about two hours to send one email last night!
Early morning is the only time it works. Sort of.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Adobe - again.

The latest release of Photoshop dumps all 3rd party plugins - they have to be reinstalled one at a time. B*st*rds.

That's the final nail in the coffin for Adobe and I. When my sub comes up for renewal in December I'm cancelling. Hopefully Serif's new editor, currently being ported from a Mac only version, will be available by then. I'll have to buy Lightroom or lose all my cataloguing. Unless someone knows a way to export and retain all the tags and notes?

Later - actually it's worse. None of the plugins I have tried to put back have installed.  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spinner

Came back from Florida to escape the heat and humidity. It's followed me home! Going to be 90F/32C on Wed. with it feeling over 100F/40C when humidity factored in. Add to that, the A/C in my Fla. trailer was much more efficient than in my Mississauga house.  It's so hot I can't even enjoy my convertible, I'm driving around with the top up and the A/C on Max.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

My own fault for underestimating things. Let my 15 month old granddaughter play around with the keyboard on my lappy. She's somehow managed to lock it into Airplane Mode. Don't know what combo of keys she whacked to do it and advice on the internet didn't work either. So, what does an intelligent Granpa do? Started whacking on the keyboard. Got it turned off, but no clue which combo did it.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

The cat. It managed to acquire a colony of fleas while we were away. I now have a rash of about 20 flea bites on my right leg, and little to no sleep last night from the irritation (I react extremely badly to insect bites, fleas and wasps in particular) and from the almost constant meowing and jumping on and off of our bed. What's so depressing is that there are still years of life left in the d*mned thing. I need a holiday.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 18, 2016, 04:06:28 PM
The cat. It managed to acquire a colony of fleas while we were away. I now have a rash of about 20 flea bites on my right leg, and little to no sleep last night from the irritation (I react extremely badly to insect bites, fleas and wasps in particular) and from the almost constant meowing and jumping on and off of our bed. What's so depressing is that there are still years of life left in the d*mned thing. I need a holiday.

At least I'm not the only one who gets bitten then! They all make a beeline for me including horse flies who's bite is very painful.  :'(

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on July 19, 2016, 12:23:09 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on July 18, 2016, 04:06:28 PM

At least I'm not the only one who gets bitten then! They all make a beeline for me including horse flies who's bite is very painful.  :'(

Howard, how could the cat, all of a sudden. have acquired the colony? Change of scenery? A cattery or some such?

Hinfrance

It might have bought them on line, how should I know? It tends to stay away from the house when we are on our hols, so it will have been living mostly in the woods - which would also account for the ticks and patchy fur loss.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

If it was left to its own devices, all alone in the woods, it may well have relished the company of ticks and fleas. Hope you'll manage to get rid of them, and find something to soothe your skin.
Having just visited a leavender farm, I learnt that lavender oil is very good for insect bites and stings. Dont know how true it is, but it smells nice.

anglefire

Works laptop decided that the p key would become the select the display button - not handy when its part of the password. And the onscreen keyboard did the same.

A couple of reboots sorted it for a bit, then the d key decided to minimise all windows.

Eventually sorted it all out, but not handy when up 3m on a cherry picker!

Recon it was just too hot - obviously being a laptop I was using it on my lap at various times- so the air vents were covered............
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

The cat. It's been mewling constantly since we got home, so a visit to the vet was organised. Turns out the worthless thing is not only carrying a few fleas, but is also allergic to their bites. Must be the world's most useless cat, not that it hasn't got stiff opposition . .

Now that he has had some medication he might stop making such a racket and we can get some sleep, although as I type this it's still yelling every few seconds.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.