• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 88
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

LOOK UP!-CHAT-WEEKLY COMP 25/2-4/3/2018

Started by Hinfrance, February 25, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

LOOK UP!-CHAT-WEEKLY COMP 25/2-4/3/2018

THIS IS THE CHAT THREAD

The ENTRIES thread is HERE

This week's challenge is LOOK UP! - any scene taken from the viewpoint of looking up. Obvious candidates are architectural shots, vehicles, furniture and the like, but be imaginative if you can within the bounds of pointing the camera upwards before you press the shutter release.
No restrictions whatsoever on PP work.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 4th March 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 5th March 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Winner to be announced Saturday 10th March 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Managed to get a new one whilst out testing my new to me 40 year old Helios 44-2 lens. Quite challenging in full manual on my Fuji xt10. Focus is tricky and I`d quite forgotten the old manual set up. The added confusion with this lens is the secondary aperture wheel. You have a clicking first aperture and a smooth secondary one that you can open up silently to increase light for focusing in dark conditions. Of course there is no means of knowing what that is set at as it has no  numbers on it. Bizarre! I found it a little soft wide open and too close

oggalily

Hi everyone, thought I would check in.  I miss the comps as they are an opportunity to get the creative juices flowing.  I will see if I can pop in more often.

This picture was taken at the Hassan II mosque in Casablanca during a recent cruise which also took in Spain and the Canaries.

Jediboy

Welcome back oggalily.

I've just been to Marrakech and now thinking about Casablanca.  Would love to see some more photos. Hope you had a great time.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Nice to see you pop in Ogga. Looks like you had a good cruise from the pictures I saw on facebook.

oggalily

Thanks both.  The cruise was much more enjoyable than I expected, never having done one before.  One downside was the port visits were a little rushed so there was limited time to soak up the atmosphere.  I think this is just a feature of cruise travel.  I am still going through photos and will post some of the more interesting ones when I have a chance. 

jinky

Quote from: oggalily on March 07, 2018, 03:28:43 PM
Thanks both.  The cruise was much more enjoyable than I expected, never having done one before.  One downside was the port visits were a little rushed so there was limited time to soak up the atmosphere.  I think this is just a feature of cruise travel.  I am still going through photos and will post some of the more interesting ones when I have a chance.

My wife has got me into rather more cruises than I wanted to do. We`re off on a river cruise on the Danube next month and Alaska / inside passage in September and the the only one I want to do is a northern Norway one taking in the auruora. I still prefer land travel if I really want to see somewhere. Thinking about a road trip taking in Chicago, Boston and New York maybe next year if I can work out the logistics of getting there from Canada side at Windsor.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.