• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Post your best shots here

Started by oRGie, October 11, 2009, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Spent Sunday night and Monday morning in the Lake District  ( Borrowdale area ) to update a few shots. The first shot ( Buttermere ) below was the hardest having negotiated the Honister pass I had to wait about 2 hours for the wind to calm down and for people to get out of the way. One couple realised what I was doing and told me they would sit to the left out of picture which was very good of them but then he started throwing stones into the water for his dog not realising I was waiting for a calm water shot. Anyway I got the shot about 9.00 pm when everyone had gone then it was back over the Pass to Borrowdale to my tent and a few pints in the local pub.

Dawn was much better at Derwentwater not a soul in sight until about 8.30 am  when a woman turned up in her car took one snap with her compact and drove off .( Pays off to be there early on a Monday morning out of the main holiday season ).

Just Dave

Wow  Dave what fab conditions you had the lakes are like mirrors, lovely reflections in #1,  Ive never been to Ashness bridge but keep meaning too, nice framing in #3 a little different that the normal centralise pier shots we see,  :tup:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

skellum

Thanks Dave. Both the Buttermere and Derwentwater shots are two shots stitched together.

Just Dave

You did great with the stitching Dave, Not something I think about much but I should, as your results prove
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Cracking series of shots Dave and love the third best.  ;D

greypoint

I admire your patience - worth the effort  ;)

SimonW

Yes, Derwentwater Dawn is a beautiful picture.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

alan1572

Already in the gallery but I'll sneak it in here as well.

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Markulous

From the Buxton Military Tattoo last night - always a sellout months before.
And what a location!

And an opportunity to do one of the techniques I enjoy most: slow shutter

Canon 7D, 15-85mm IS
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Graham

Love the drumer shot. Shutter speed just right.
   Been to Buxton loads of times, I never knew the inside of that building was like that!
                   Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

A couple of cracking shots Markulous.  ;D

Markulous

Cheers, guys!  :tup:

Quote from: Graham on July 10, 2011, 12:39:30 PM
   Love the drumer shot. Shutter speed just right.
   Been to Buxton loads of times, I never knew the inside of that building was like that!
                   Graham. :tup:

Yeah, a lovely building, Graham. Former stables and now owned by the University of Derby
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

ABERS

Love the drummer shot, super! :tup:

Beaux Reflets

The slower shutter speed worked well, nice capture of movement.  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

Congrats on a couple of great shots Markulous especially love the drumming one :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.