• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT THREAD - HANDS - Weekly competition - Sunday 28th SEPT: - Sunday 5th OCT

Started by kerbside, September 28, 2014, 04:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

CHAT THREAD - HANDS - Weekly competition - Sunday 28th SEPT: - Sunday 5th OCT:

This weeks topic is HANDS. These can be doing anything that you like but the emphasis/focus is on HANDS ONLY, HUMAN ONES PLEASE.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 6th October 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th October 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 11th October 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Oldboy

Quote from: kerbside on September 28, 2014, 04:30:20 PM
This weeks topic is HANDS. These can be doing anything that you like but the emphasis/focus is on HANDS ONLY.

I can see lots of two fingers entries!  :-[ :P

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

I have no ideas at all, but I'll take the camera down to our local store and find a weathered farmer - not sure how he will feel with a 'excuse me but can I photograph your hands!!!'

kerbside

Reinardina

If you explain you are doing a 'project,' most people are happy to oblige.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: spikeyjen on October 03, 2014, 12:49:18 AM
I have no ideas at all, but I'll take the camera down to our local store and find a weathered farmer - not sure how he will feel with a 'excuse me but can I photograph your hands!!!'

Have to be very quick as the fist comes towards you!!!!  :P :o

jinky

Well I had an idea but now no time to do it and post it. The rest of the day will be taken up chasing details about an accident my daughter had in my car last night :'(. One of those things but at least no-one was hurt. BMW hit her seemingly cutting across in front of her on a roundabout but blamed her saying she was in the wrong lane. My daughter was in the left lane going around the roundabout to take the turning straight ahead of her entry point. the 3rd exit but straight on and thus bang in line with Highway code. Seems if someone else decides you are in the wrong lane they can smash you up!

Anyway with that to deal with then off to Cornwall tomorrow with limited , if any wifi next week looks like I`ll sit this one out. I`ve a neat idea to sell if anyone is interested  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on October 03, 2014, 04:27:45 PM
Well I had an idea but now no time to do it and post it. The rest of the day will be taken up chasing details about an accident my daughter had in my car last night :'(. One of those things but at least no-one was hurt. BMW hit her seemingly cutting across in front of her on a roundabout but blamed her saying she was in the wrong lane. My daughter was in the left lane going around the roundabout to take the turning straight ahead of her entry point. the 3rd exit but straight on and thus bang in line with Highway code. Seems if someone else decides you are in the wrong lane they can smash you up!

Glad nobody was hurt.  :tup:

A lot of drivers haven't got a clue about the highway code and, most of them learned their driving overseas. Most private hire drivers think they are allowed to go through lights that are red, like emergency vehicles, or that appears to be the case in Birmingham.  >:(

I`ve a neat idea to sell if anyone is interested  ;)

Picking ones nose is very rude and shouldn't be photographed and displayed.  :o :P

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on October 03, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

A lot of drivers haven't got a clue about the highway code and, most of them learned their driving overseas. Most private hire drivers think they are allowed to go through lights that are red, like emergency vehicles, or that appears to be the case in Birmingham.  >:(

Picking ones nose is very rude and shouldn't be photographed and displayed.  :o :P

Damn you guessed it oldboy. No it was a multi exposure merger of hands in shapes making a final picture of an owl - go figure

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on October 03, 2014, 07:26:23 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on October 03, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

Damn you guessed it oldboy. No it was a multi exposure merger of hands in shapes making a final picture of an owl - go figure

Too much effort and editing! I'd go for the nose picking, if I can spot it happening somewhere. Most of my shots are taken 'on the hoof' and require minimal editing. I've almost lost the knack of working with layers.
Maybe I should try it again soon?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Well I have a couple of shots but nothing too great, maybe as it is raining today I will get some shots done indoors, Jan has just found a pair of handcuffs ????, don't ask.
Just to recap the subject is HANDS (plural) ONLY, HUMAN ONES PLEASE, hope that there is some processing going on as this thread is quite quiet.

DigiDiva

Been struggling for time & inspiration so far this week. Have a little plan for later so fingers crossed it will come off.

Handcuffs, just happen to be lying around in your house huh Jeff? lol
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Did a bit of mucking about with the only hands available to me - mine.

I'll post my other attempt in a little bit of a short while, but for now, despite its embarrassing lack of originality is my entry. I had fun doing it . .

Left Handies, or Show of Hands, or a Fistful of Fingers:

:'( Now withdrawn, as it only one hand.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.