• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 183
  • Total: 183
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Claims to Fame

Started by Beaux Reflets, February 20, 2013, 08:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

When I was a young white van driver, I got stopped by 3 different Police forces, plus the Military Police inside 12 months.......does that count?..... ;D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ABERS

Quote from: highlandscenics on February 25, 2013, 10:33:59 PM
When I was a young white van driver, I got stopped by 3 different Police forces, plus the Military Police inside 12 months.......does that count?..... ;D

It's a good job you were'nt a young black van driver, otherwise your tally could have been much higher!

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on February 26, 2013, 08:29:37 AM

It's a good job you were'nt a young black van driver, otherwise your tally could have been much higher!

Beat me to it Alan  ;D

As a lad I got my hair cut at the same barbers used by Joe Harvey and Jimmy Smith, (Manager and  midfield maestro of Newcastle Utd with JS being the Jinky I took my screen name from on here as my boyhood hero). Quite the worst barber in Newcastle with my hairstyle likened to that of the rather butch lady tennis player Rosemary Casals. hated the haircuts but loved hearing the stories from St James` Park including the one occasion when Jimmy Smith defended his being out drinking at the Oxford Ballrooms in Newcastle until 4 am on the morning of a match. Played a blinder that day too  :)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Mick on February 25, 2013, 08:35:12 PM
I wish I hadn't mentioned the incident now lol...  I've made a right mess of Andy's thread.  :doh:

So back on topic, does anyone have a claim to fame to share with us?  I do have another one or two, but I'm holding out for a while.  :-X

No mess Mick, it's all fun and I had a feeling you were holding back  :2funny:

An old girl friend and I were once personally invited to a meal by a very nice unassuming gentleman, who asked us to join him at his table for breakfast.  When we arrived he was surrounded by a sea of beautiful people and the front page of the newspaper later informed us that we had met John Schlesinger.  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Graham

A good while ago i was wandering around London as a gormless tourist, pondering how you can be surrounded by so many people,
yet be so totally alone and anonymous. A taxi pulled up against the busy pavement I was walking on, I stopped to let the occupant out,
he was the only person to make eye contact with me that day or to acknowledge my presence...It was the short, fat camp chef from Ready, Steady, Cook!

Well that was a lot of typing for bugger all!  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

I once babysat a famous (at the time) Canadian Serial Killer for a week.

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/williams-henry-robert.htm

What was most memorable was when his lawyer went to do the privileged consultation turning to me and saying "For God's sake don't lock that door."  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Matthew

Quote from: ABERS on February 26, 2013, 08:29:37 AM

:2funny:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ABERS

Fame by association seems to be thething here.

Some 18 months ago I was dispatched to the supermarket one Sunday morning to buy potatoes since my wife had forgotten to get some in the weekly shop.

I'm looking at the range of varieties available when the bloke next to me says, "Which are which here, I don't know which ones to buy?"

A rather disheveled and somewhat strange ginger git looked at me with pleading eyes. I suggested King Edwards and then realised the potato knownothing was Mick Hucknall. Perhaps I should have suggested any potato will do as long as it's simply red!  8)

ABERS

I did a radio interview with BBC World services about an item that my company released to all and sundry. It lasted about ten minutes and went very well.

I rang the BBC press office to get some idea what numbers of listeners I had been speaking to. "Oh about this time of day somewhere between 10 to 15 million".  :o

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on February 26, 2013, 06:58:21 PM
I did a radio interview with BBC World services about an item that my company released to all and sundry. It lasted about ten minutes and went very well.

I rang the BBC press office to get some idea what numbers of listeners I had been speaking to. "Oh about this time of day somewhere between 10 to 15 million".  :o

You are a star Alan  :) :tup:
I once did a radio interview for a similar time span - I unwittingly rustled paper and said far to many 'Uurms' at the start of each answer - I think being famous is an art in itself, so quite happy to remain a unknown  :2funny:

deetus

Quote from: Mick on February 25, 2013, 08:44:17 PM
Quote from: deetus on February 25, 2013, 08:09:32 PM
My first claim to fame was appearing on stage during a pantomime with Peter Butterworth, some of you oldies may remember him. They asked for volunteers to go on stage, so a few kids got up and we sang a song called "Sizzling Sausages", each of us having a turn with the microphone. Afterwards we were driven off stage in a bubble car.  :dance:

Cool, he was one of my favourites from the Carry On films, assuming it's the same one.  :tup:

The very same one Mick

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on February 26, 2013, 06:58:21 PM

I used to do a little bit of radio at university.  Our transmitter was not strong, but I am sure there may have been a dozen or maybe two dozen people listening :)

Beaux Reflets

Doing live broadcasting is much harder than edited programs. When I was featured on TV it was thankfully well edited so that I did not look too bad along side the seasoned bods around me.  ;D

I have no idea how many were watching at the time and never thought to ask, as I was just glad of the publicity and the work it brought my way  :)

Oh the ups and downs  :D

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: donoreo on February 27, 2013, 02:50:45 PM
I used to do a little bit of radio at university.  Our transmitter was not strong, but I am sure there may have been a dozen or maybe two dozen people listening :)
Me too - Those involved used to listen to each other, but that was about it. I was once interviewed about student radio, but i never heard if it was broadcast or not...

michaelb104

Many years ago I was once (only one time) a bouncer for the British Bulldog wrestler.

I had to stop 10 year old boys from asking for his autograph on the way to the ring  :knuppel2:

Cannot believe that I just admitted to that  :doh:  :legit:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.