• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

London street pics.

Started by Graham, August 31, 2011, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

A few pics from the other afternoon.

I see the fad for a Dog-in-a-Bag continues to thrive.

And that some of locals have yet to get to grips with the functional possibilities of the Deck Chair.

Or, indeed, how (and when) to effectively deploy an umberella.

So much to see and photograph.

No one spoke, but everyone seemed to have a lot to say.

Sometimes you just have to "Take Five".

Comments welcome, as ever.  Graham. :)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

Very nice photos Graham. Actually good to see  :tup:
I come from London but not that part
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

greypoint

irv_b

Graham what a good set and the musings that went with them made me smile!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

Someone notices when you sit in a deckchair and charges you, coffee is a little harder to notice! ;)
No.5 and the brief glimpse of an iPad (if that's what it is!) is tremendous. :tup:

Oldboy

Cracking series of shots.  :tup:

Dog in the bag is so old hat. It's Parrots in backpacks now.  :2funny:

Love the third shot best and if it wasn't for the slight smile, I think you might have been in danger.  :P

Also, liked the third phone shot and very well spotted.  :tup:

Hinfrance

I'm with Abers - I like number 5 the best. But they're all interesting, especially annotated with the world according to Graham.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

What camera did you use - was it your big DSLR or were you using a less intimidating compact? Just wondering what effect the type of camera has on the people you're photographing who see you doing it.

hevans

My favourite:

I just like the reflections and juxtapositions.

Graham

Thanks for all the comments folks.
  Sue. I had a Nikon D700 without the extra battery thing and a 50mm 1.4 so I was fairley discreet camera wise, but I made no attempt to disguise what I was doing or be furtive in any way.
   It was central London and everyone was taking pictures of something.
   I was wandering about in my usual state of detatched, bemused wonderment. Everyone seemed to be happy , content, confident, polite and I found that there was a generaly positive attitude about the place.
   One chap came up to me and started chatting about the benefits of just useing a standard fixed focal length lens (I don't get that very often in Derby!).
   One thing did occour to me this morning though......No Chavs, with their miserabalist, negative attitudes. Perhaps they've all been locked up after the disturbances, or maybe they'er not allowed in the nicer parts of the city, either way it seemed to be working.
   The tide was in and so the river seemed unusually high, It occoured to me that if they had positioned the London Eye a little lower, it could have been powerd "Water wheel" style, though obviously it would necessitate the donning of mask and snorkle on each revolution.
   It was a day in which such thoughts came quite freely. I hope to have many more. It could of course be something to do with whatever it was I saw Alan tipping into my coffee.
                               Al the best, as ever.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on September 01, 2011, 10:44:20 AM
The tide was in and so the river seemed unusually high, It occoured to me that if they had positioned the London Eye a little lower, it could have been powerd "Water wheel" style, though obviously it would necessitate the donning of mask and snorkle on each revolution.
   It was a day in which such thoughts came quite freely. I hope to have many more. It could of course be something to do with whatever it was I saw Alan tipping into my coffee.
                               Al the best, as ever.  Graham.

No, it's all down to musing which is part of old age!  :doh:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.