• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Help as well please!

Started by ABERS, February 06, 2014, 09:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

For some reason I seem to have acquired Yahoo uk&ireland on the computer. I have only ever used BT Yahoo for email and other log in processes (Flickr) and that's still operative.

I've been going round in circles trying to rid the computer of the unwanted programme with no success whatsoever.

Any advice or solutions out there amongst you computer whizzkids please?

Hinfrance

Alan, can you expand upon 'acquired it'? Is it now your default search box? What browser are you using?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

I think it maybe something to do with Flickr. I kept getting messages that BT Yahoo was changing, I must have acknowledged receipt of the message, I don't recall actively changing anything. Every time I go to Flickr it starts up with Yahoo uk&ireland.

Internet Explorer, that's been my browser since Adam was a lad, never a moments problem, and I don't want to change.

Alfonso_Frisk

Flickr is now run and owned by Yahoo after they divorced from Bt.
You need to migrate your free bt flickr account to a new Yahoo mail account.(you need to open one )
I had the same issues and  now have to pay for a "ad free" pro account with access to stats.
Once again Flickr have made a complete balls up of the process making it even more unclear than the last lot of changes.
There is a thread with tips etc on their site
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157640242038514/

Hope this helps
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

ABERS

I had a feeling that that may be the case Alf. So I'll have to bite the bullet and carry on.

donoreo

While this is about Flickr, it points to a larger problem of outsourcing, etc.  Yahoo does the email for BT (and many other ISPs around the world) but then the deal ends and you lose the other added benefits it had.  Flickr has been owned by Yahoo for years now (2005)

Andrew

Quote from: donoreo on February 06, 2014, 01:36:07 PM
While this is about Flickr, it points to a larger problem of outsourcing, etc.  Yahoo does the email for BT (and many other ISPs around the world) but then the deal ends and you lose the other added benefits it had.  Flickr has been owned by Yahoo for years now (2005)

And Virgin outsources its mail to Google - can you imagine the grief I had when they made that move?  :knuppel2:
I've always had Google blocked at Router Level!!!  :-X

It's at times like that I would happily revert back to the days of ISDN and Netscape Navigator...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.