• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 115
  • Total: 115
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Homebrew

Started by bones615, July 24, 2009, 05:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones615

I work for a company that produce homebrew kits & they have just started making wine kits, they gave us all a free one. Just made 30 bottles of wine, brewed in a large bin with an airlock then straight into bottles, no messing with demijohns. I was not expecting it to be as good as it is, tastes great, fairly potent & all it cost was a couple of bags of sugar & some corks, less than a tenner. My youngest tried it and said "uuurgh tastes like wine" which seemed like a compliment.
I used to brew beer as well which was great value (got the kits from work) but all too easy to to become an alcoholic, I had 3 x 40 pint barrels on the go and regularly found an excuse to pop out to the garage where it was stored.

stevebedder

That sounds great!

There was an article on a TV program recently about home brew and how it's having a bit of a resurgence at the moment. Seems quite a number of people are brewing their own rather than going down the pub or buying from the supermarket\off-license.

It seems a whole lot better than what it used to be, the quality is supposed to be far better.

Steve

bones615

The quality is great but the set up costs probably put a lot of people off, but once youve got the gear its great value.

spinner

My dad brewed beer in the basement. The house always smelled like yeast and the beer tasted like crap, put me off homebrewing.
That was then, now I have a couple of buddies who do they're own wine and it's excellent.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

My brother used to brew his own wine until it blew up one day!  :P

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.