• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 10
  • Total: 10
  • Google
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

spotlight on Irv_b

Started by irv_b, August 13, 2009, 02:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

1.How long have you been interested in photography?
I have really only been seriously interested in photography for the 18months or so, before then i was a p&s taker who liked to do it on holidays or special occasions only and would go mad with the number of exposures taken

2.Favourite subjects?
Most things I will have a go at, I have yet to really develop a style but mainly because of where I live I like to take my camera into the street and try to capture everday people doing something interesting/different in a normal enviroment but it so frustrating because you can be out for so long and not come back with anything worthwhile.

3.What's the most enjoyable part of photography for you?
That would be the bit when you get home, put the pics on the montor and what you planned has actually come out as you hoped it would.

4.What do you find most difficult about photography?
Finding a shot that hasn't already  been taken a thousand times over (normally better than I could manage ;D)

5.Did you start with film or have you only used digital?
Since I have become "serious" about my hobby I have only shot digital firstly with a Panasonic DMC FZ-18 bridge.

6.What was your first camera?
My first camera was a konica popup point and shoot, film camera which is in the hall cupboard which is about 15 years old

7.What do you use currently?
At the moment I am using a Nikon D70 but have stirrings to move on to a D300 next year

8.What's your dream photo location or subject?
I would like to go somewhere that I could shoot a beautiful morning sunrise, mountainous coastal scenery, interesting people and gorgeous sunsets all in a place that no-one has photographed before - so if anyone knows of such a place and wants to buy me a ticket feel free ;D

9.Dream camera/lens combo?
I would be happy with a D300 and Nikon 400mm AF-S ED VR f2.8G Nikkor Lens

10.Photographers you admire?
I cant say I have any heroes in photography but I am constantly in awe of the pictures people on "ordinary" websites like this can produce

11.Would you like to be a pro photographer?
I think I am to long in the tooth to throw everything I have in the world to the wall and take the plunge. But if I ever came into enough money that I didn't have to work, I would like to live my life taking photos and put them out there for people to buy/use 

12.How much processing/manipulating do you do?
Its getting less with the more pictures I take but I still find I spend to long fiddling :-[

13.Any other thoughts on photography in general and what it means to you.
It would be good if people view photograpers without suspicion and we were free to go where we wanted without the hassle
Finally it has given me another view on the world whereas before I would walk only focused on where I was going now I look at people, look at things about me, notice colours, situations and the world beyond my personal space 
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.