• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Continuous ink systems

Started by 2Beers, August 01, 2013, 05:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Beers

I am thinking of getting a continuous ink system for my canon MG6250 and I was wondering if anyone uses a CISS on their printer and if so whats the print quality like.
These can be had for around £55 with a 600ml supply of ink which is just slightly cheaper than a set of Genuine Canon Carts.

Any comment please.

Thanks Alex

Paul Montgomery

I've got a (make unknown) system on my Epson R300. To be honest, despite feeding it with Lyson ink I'm not impressed, the prints have a combination of banding and big ink splodges so I'm guessing the right amount of ink isn't being delivered...

Colin

I got one for my HP. Never got it working properly now sitting gathering dust. Lots of similar reports if you look around the web but also some saying greatest thing since sliced bread. So it probably depends on your printer the actual make of the system and also the inks and paper used. I pay a premium and use HP inks and am happy with the cost and results. Think long and hard would be my advice.

2Beers

Thanks for the input guys think I will just stick with the genuine inks for now

StephenBatey

Confining myself rigidly to the question asked rather than trying to second guess what was really wanted (I've been slammed too many times for doing that  :() my answer would be:

I don't use a CISS now, but I once did; and when I did the print quality (the only criterion given) was higher.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.