• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Mouseholes

Started by SimonW, March 02, 2013, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

The highlands and Islands of Scotland, the Lake District, the mountains of Wales, London, Paris, Amsterdam, the costas of Spain and such like places all get jam packed full of people during the summer. Where are all the temporarily empty places these people left behind and are any worth visiting for the purpose of photography?

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

ABERS

That's an interesting question! Firstly of course it depends what you want or like to photograph. All the places you mention in tyhe Summer are ideal if you are a people photographer. I'm never happier than if I'm in a crowd with a camera.

Since most of those places that you mention are packed with people, one assumes that they have deserted towns and cities to be there, so try a bit of urban landscape in the Summer and scenic landscapes in the winter.

The city of London at about 5a.m. in the summer is quite a fertile ground for photography and a much pleasanter place to be.

Reinardina

I think people just swap places. I know quite a few (different) Amsterdammers who go to the Highlands, London, the Far East or the Costas. And the only empty places left behind are their homes, not their cities, as they are filled up by tourists and travellers.

As ABERS says, most cities are quiet in the early morning, so you'll have to do your photography before breakfast.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Love walking around traditional seaside resorts out of season, lots of opportunities.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Alfonso_Frisk

When I was employed and working shifts, I used to love my runs out after a night shift with my camera gear.
Country villages, the coast, towns and also "normal" touristy places like Whitby. The tranquility was bliss.
I like to visit Scotland and the Isles at least 3 times a year but would never go up there between April and September.
Far too many people and Chelsea tractors towing caravans  getting in the view finder :P
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.