• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 20
  • Total: 20
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Wilson Trolley Bag MK1

Started by skellum, April 06, 2010, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

I decided I needed a trolley bag to transport my gear mainly to football matches which involves carrying everything across car parks and around the stadiums. Most of the agency togs have them supplied to them so I decided to look into the costs & quality.
This is when I decided to make my own as they retail from £200 for one with nasty little wheels that wouldn't last five minutes so I set about making one up with what I had available. I retrieved a Lowepro bag I had in the attic, some lens cases and a trolley I bought to transport framed pictures.
Anyway below are some pictures of it. It seems to work quite well, everything fits in including my laptop and small stool and the bag & lens cases are rain proof. ( Costs £ 0.00 ) :tup:

picsfor

The point is - if it does the job, and you're happy with it - it doesn't really matter what the rest of us think.
Well done that chap for good use of old unused kit and a drop of initiative.

Graham

As Andrew says , it dos'nt matter what we think. But for what it's worth I think it looks great :tup: Built to do the job and built to last by the looks of it.
      I've always thought a golf trolley with the big wide spongy wheels would make an interesting "Project", But what you've come up with looks just fine.
                                           Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

I tested it today on a visit to a local park and it did the job well but I think Grahams idea of spongy ( Golf ) type wheels would be better but it is still OK for transporting gear around in paved or flat areas. Maybe a Mk11 coming up if I can find small spongy wheels to fit...... :legit:

hevans

So when do they go on sale?

A golf bag, with the wide wheel base, etc. might also provide for a moderately stable tripod mount as well. I'm not sure it'd be big enough to ship OldBoy's kit around, though.

Can you double up the wheels? You were talking of using spongy wheels, but what you really need/want is a large wheel footprint for the softer ground.

Given the sturdyness of the handle part, you could also add a small step ladder to the handle part that flips out, so it's always ready.

H.

skellum

I might have a look for some wheels this afternoon......... :legit:

picsfor

I feel a patent coming on at this rate...

Oldboy

Quote from: hevans on April 09, 2010, 10:31:26 AM

I'm not sure it'd be big enough to ship OldBoy's kit around, though.

H.

Need a flat-bed plus crane for that!  :o

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on April 09, 2010, 11:12:42 AM

Um, grannies have had these for years..... :)
It's Guest's round

anglefire

Quote from: picsfor on April 09, 2010, 11:12:42 AM

Too late it's already in the public domain! :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.