• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Green Veined White *** Green Hairstreaks Added ***

Started by Just Dave, April 21, 2011, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Beryl

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Just Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Cracking shot Dave. Plenty of Butterflies around at present, the only problem is it's very warm so when they land they keep their wings closed.  :'(

Just Dave

Thanks OB

I found some fabulous little green hairstreaks today the are 1/2" long, perfect match for the wimberry bushes they live on, they are only about for 3 weeks

Green Hairstreak Butterfly White Coppice Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Green Hairstreak Butterfly White Coppice Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave

Oldboy

Cracking shots Dave.  ;D That Green Hairstreak has moth type eyes.  :o

Beryl

Very nice.  :tup:
Very hard to fin those little butterflies I have one some where inmyarchives
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

picsfor

Nicely done on both counts Dave.

Difficult things to shoot in the wild, but you've made it look easy, well done.

Just Dave

Many thanks for your kind words OB, Beryl and Andrew  :tup:

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on April 23, 2011, 08:14:20 AM
Nicely done on both counts Dave.

Difficult things to shoot in the wild, but you've made it look easy, well done.

Agreed, some great shot there Dave.  Nice detail in them all.   :tup:  What setup are you using, and what technique??
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Just Dave

Quote from: admin on April 23, 2011, 09:27:59 AM

Agreed, some great shot there Dave.  Nice detail in them all.   :tup:  What setup are you using, and what technique??

Hi

Thanks, Im using 7D and a Sigma 105mm macro 2.8, the exif is on the bottom border, and Im using -2 flash compensation with on-board flash, just as a bit of fill flash, all hand held

Just Dave

Forgot to say Im using manual mode, and the settings are for flash sync, so my flash sync is 1/250sec so thats my shutter speed as well, ISO 100 gets a darker BG, ISO, 200 gets lighter and ISO 400 lighter again some times I use ISO 100 to give a dark BG

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.