• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

PhotoRadar - latest news?

Started by picsfor, September 01, 2009, 11:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

I quickly entered in the url this morning expecting a new whizzy almost fault free site and found...

The beta front page.

I then done a quick check on DCM - and it was still there and still being visited by - well a few people.

Does any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

I'm just being curious - as i seemed to recall some info that it would be live for September- i did i miss the "which September" part of the message?

Oldboy

The launch of PhotoRadar has been put back-no surprise there then!  :-X

picsfor

so i did miss the "which september" part of the announcement then!

Hybridphotog

Shamelessly copy/pasted from the "Update" post, which was posted on the 25th of last month..:
QuoteGoing live
Q. When will PhotoRadar go live?
A. When we're happy that all the launch-critical work has been completed satisfactorily. We expect this to be in the first week of September.
In other words, the site will be finished when it's finished. In the meantime, here's some music.

Graham

I'm still shuffeling around on the DCM site and do you know what? The scumbags have turned the heating off! >:(
  If anyone has any old pallets I can burn I'd be very grateful!
                                                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Damon

Quote from: picsfor on September 01, 2009, 11:36:47 AM
IDoes any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

Does any one care anymore? ??? :-\
Damon.

oRGie

Gave up caring about DCM a long time ago ;)  they never appreciated the users who made the site what it was, they never showed any support in moderating or updating and just spammed the site with ad's soon as they could, something they would not have been able to do without the users providing content that brought in the hits..

Spiritflier

Quote from: damondph on September 01, 2009, 05:21:38 PM
Quote from: picsfor on September 01, 2009, 11:36:47 AM
IDoes any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

Does any one care anymore? ??? :-\

In a word... NO!  :)

Jonathan

Amy's on some kind of European tour at the moment.  I suspect Rach is with her.  That would leave them short handed for a launch ATM.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Apparently the Lumix event is on in Berlin, nothing like a good jolly when things are requiring some work.

Wait and see the 'inside stories' they will claimed to have uncovered when they get back.  A quick flip through the press releases in Bath would have uncovered the same info.

Still all those canapes, the wine and the evening events for the press would be hard to resist, plus the "I rubbed shoulders with Baily on the Olympus Stand, and nearly wet myself".

Hope Amy visits all the tripod manufacturers just in case there's a new way of erecting any of them. ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 01, 2009, 10:40:13 PM

Hope Amy visits all the tripod manufacturers just in case there's a new way of erecting any of them. ;)

I have problems with erections..............................on tripods!  :-[  :2funny: :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.