• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

more feckin snow

Started by alan1572, January 04, 2011, 06:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

thought we'd seen the last of it for a while, woke up this morning to a blancket of snow, i hope it doesn't get any worse >:(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Oldboy

Quote from: alan1572 on January 04, 2011, 06:26:23 AM
thought we'd seen the last of it for a while, woke up this morning to a blancket of snow, i hope it doesn't get any worse >:(

I want more snow now!  :2funny:

SimonW

I've had enough of the snow now, shovelling, wheelbarrowing, slipping, skidding, freezing, soaking, gritting and salting - and even photographing. I decided not to take ANY more snow photos. But I can't avoid it. Went out today to get a snap for the weekly comp. Nearly got the car stuck, then slipped several times and almost fell in a puddle, and couldn't get a shot without some of the white stuff in the photo.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Skhilled

4-8 inches expected here today. So far, about 4 inches. Anyone want to help me shovel? :P
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

SimonW

We've had continuous cover since mid-November, with more falling to top up any that managed to melt. Another two inches the night before last which I spent most of the morning clearing, and woke today to find another 2 inches has undone all my good work. Just going out with the shovel again now...
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spinner

This is what I'm facing Tues/Wed. They say it'll be the worst storm we've had in the last 3yrs. I will be out and about in my 4 x 4 (long story) and will take the camera, hoping something interesting comes my way.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 31, 2011, 04:13:03 PM
This is what I'm facing Tues/Wed. They say it'll be the worst storm we've had in the last 3yrs. I will be out and about in my 4 x 4 (long story) and will take the camera, hoping something interesting comes my way.

Saw on the ABC News last week, that the east coast of America have had record snow falls, and many states/cities are running out of money to clear it.  :o

Sandy

I hope we do not get more snow, because I feel so unsafe walking and that means I stayed in doors.

Sandy

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on January 31, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: spinner on January 31, 2011, 04:13:03 PM

Saw on the ABC News last week, that the east coast of America have had record snow falls, and many states/cities are running out of money to clear it. 

Yes, they've taken a pounding, but until now, those storms have all passed south of us, across the great lakes to pick up a large amount of moisture. Buffalo NY has been pounded a few times. Our CBC tv network is now reporting "near paralyzing conditions". Windsor Ont. is looking to get up to 40 cm. I've been emailing a friend who lives there, who's been laughing at me all winter about the fact his lawn is still green. Initially he said that the forecast was a mistake, but he just telephoned me to tell me that the Detroit radio stations are in a panic, while the local Windsor station is reporting nothing.  :o
Ol' blue eyes

Skhilled

Forget the snow. The ice is more of a problem now! It was freezing cold then it was sleeting and freezing rain for about a day - day and a half. LOL

It took me almost 2 hours to drive home yesterday when it usually takes about 20 minutes. There were downed power lines, tress, debris all of the the roads and a thick sheet of ice everywhere. Took me 15 minutes to clear the thick layer of ice off my car before leaving for work. Then I ran into 2 road blocks and had to help remove tree limbs and debris from the road or I couldn't get by. LOL
Nikon D3000

spinner

Well before the storm hit, they were calling it "Snowmaggedon" after it fizzled they called it "what was all the fuss about?" We got off lucky it shifted south apparently and my area only got half of what was predicted. Nice thing about it, people stayed home and so the roads were pretty easy to navigate despite the snow.
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

Went well south of you.

The US is calling it Snowzilla. Texas had rolling blackouts after the windmills packed up and demand soared because of the cold. My eldest daughter in Oklahoma City is making snowmen.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Skhilled

Yes, there has been snow falls here in the US where there usually is not. But in the NE (where I live) there is mostly ice and a lot of winds. To make it worse, it melts during the day leaving puddles everywhere, then freezes again at night. LOL
Nikon D3000

Oldboy

Quote from: Skhilled on February 03, 2011, 02:34:05 PM
Yes, there has been snow falls here in the US where there usually is not. But in the NE (where I live) there is mostly ice and a lot of winds. To make it worse, it melts during the day leaving puddles everywhere, then freezes again at night. LOL

That's the worst conditions, water on top of ice.  >:(

Skhilled

Yeah, luckily, it's been getting up in the temps during the day lately even though it get pretty cold at night. Hopefully, the worst is over but I doubt it. LOL
Nikon D3000

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.