• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

I do run a camera club, but it is more a social thing. We do not do competitions and involve ourselves with other clubs. (Most regulars to the club are members of other clubs where they can do things like that).
I do not think I had the pleasure of meeting your friend.

anglefire

She is in a few - she mostly judges I think but does enter too - just got her APRS Fine art

She has a blog too https://dseddonphoto.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/contemporary-art-photography/?fbclid=IwAR0OuY-7yIVL2yyocHxlPG0UAM4JR2HdNAdGcD0rg3tAhuFjUJp9Fr3n3XA

Makes interesting reading at times!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Simple

Ah, I have met Diane once. In Louth!. I will read this blog with interest and might contact her for a talk in the club. Thanks for sharing!

anglefire

I'm sure she would - She is a great friend - known her for several years now. Fantastic photographer and photoshopist.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Insurance approved for my lens repair. :)  Shame it has an excess :(

But hey ho. Better than not. Just about the cost of the premium this year - so I'm still down.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

After having my replacement rubber grips for failed Nikon D700 ones I finally got around to replacing them myself. using Pecpad non abrasive wipes and 70% rubbing alcohol the bottom plate rubber was easy. The hand grip less so. No guides to be found on Youtube for once I worked out the little retaining screw inside the battery compartment and got the old one off OK. Finding a small enough screw driver for that and getting the paper backing of f the self adhesive grips was the hardest part. All looks well now either for trade in or to start using in earnest again. All I need to do is a DIY sensor clean next. If only I knew how to get the spot off I see in the viewfinder which must be in the eye piece or on the shutter curtain but I`ll leave that well alone.

SimonW

Jinky, my old K10d had a dirt spec visible in the viewfinder which didn't affect the photos. It was a tiny scrap lying on top of the focusing screen. On that camera it was posible to change the screen to another type so it was easy to remove for cleaning. Maybe yours is the same.......

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Hinfrance

Quote from: SimonW on November 15, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
Jinky, my old K10d had a dirt spec visible in the viewfinder which didn't affect the photos. It was a tiny scrap lying on top of the focusing screen. On that camera it was posible to change the screen to another type so it was easy to remove for cleaning. Maybe yours is the same.......

Simon

I changed the focussing screens in both my K10D and K20D :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Actually yesterday - picked up my new to me EF300 f2.8 IS L - not used it in anger yet - Di didn't like to see it go, so couldn't have a proper play yesterday.  :dance:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Not entered any prize competitions for a long while and decided as my photography was stagnating I needed to give myself a boost and start entering old stuff , where eligible, to inspire me to shoot more. First entry to a lower level Snapfish Facebook competition where I was clearly off piste with the opposing Christmassy themed shots and I won.  This one was taken from a regular standpoint I use when the sledges come out on a very similar day to some previous shots you might recall. I only win a set of printed Christmas cards which we`ll have to use next year as we`ve already done this years but still gives you a little boost.

Jediboy

Well done Jinky. Its a great photo and not surprised you won.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Yes, well done Jinky. Looks very Lowry like.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.