• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

pc sound

Started by alan1572, February 26, 2008, 11:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

does anyone have any idea why my music through my pc sounds like it has an echo, are there settings that have been changed that i can correct?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Mick

Alan, do you have a built in (on motherboard) sound card, or is it a separate add in card? 

Either way it sounds like you have some sort of echo effect, or reverb switched on in the sound card control panel.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: alan1572 on February 26, 2008, 11:01:45 PM
does anyone have any idea why my music through my pc sounds like it has an echo, are there settings that have been changed that i can correct?

What pc/lp you using ?
My asus lp has its own sound effects prog which can be changed.
When I first got it my sounds where like a bathroom effect similar to echo. I changed them and stopped them running from an icon in the task bar.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

alan1572

i'm not sure if the card is built into the motherboard or not, will i have to take the cover off to find out, it seems the sound is ok on everything other than itunes.

Mick

Quote from: alan1572 on February 27, 2008, 05:04:01 PM
i'm not sure if the card is built into the motherboard or not, will i have to take the cover off to find out, it seems the sound is ok on everything other than itunes.

Alan, it wasn't important to know if it was built in or not, I was just wondering if if was a built in AC57 etc so we can ID the software that controls it.

Just have a look in device manager, under sound controllers.  That will give you a clue as to what type of card you have.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

alan1572

mick, does this help?

Mick

Alan  looks like you have a built in sound card AC97, same as me.

Somewhere you should have a control panel for that, or at least I have for mine.  My one is called "C-media".  What's that "Multi Channel Sound ? " icon in your control panel 4th from right at the top?   Is that your sound control panel?

My Gallery

OpenSea

alan1572

yes it is, i've changed a few things around, it sounds beter set up for 4.1 speaker set up even though i only have 2.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.