• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 53
  • Mick
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Why do people not listen / read something properly before replying?

Started by jinky, February 13, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

It`s a facebook thing but I knew that would put you off if I put it in the title? So many times on facebook people reply / like something when they clearly have not read / watched the full content. Today I tried out a new 35 f2 Fuji lens I`d got to see if I wanted to keep it. each time I switched on the camera with it in place it chattered loudly to me, seeming to hunt for focus even as a fixed lens until I half depressed the shutter and it went until returning after the shot was taken.Having googled the issue I found it was an oft made complaint about this and other lenses by some. Suggestions ranged from turning off the lcd screen, the histogram alert to " just live with it" along with the usual have you got it in continuous shooting mode, what autofocus settings etc. So I went onto the Fuji Love Facebook group stating it was in single shot mode ,single spot focus with all firmware up to date for lens and camera and awaited responses from this group where Fuji have been elevated to God like status.
First two responses? What shooting mode are you  in  and is your firmware up to date. I am sure that if the third guy hadn`t come up with the actual answer which was that there is a pre-focus button  buried in the menu that you can switch off which means a nano second delay in focusing and better battery life  they would have continued! Why do people feel the need to speak / answer without reading the full story first? I am sure in this day of fake news / anyone can say anything mode people are getting worse! I went back to one of the google searches and read the whole thread where a guy accepted after 3 pages of useless "fixes" that it was something he just had to live with but seemed poor from Fuji! If I could have been bothered to register for the site it was on to reply and it had not been from 2012/13 I might have put him out of his misery but  guess he has moved on  ;)

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

It's not just a Facebook thing as it occurs in other situations as well. For example, at the valley were car-park charges were introduced it states quite clearly that Summer time charges occur during British summer time, which happens when we Spring forward in late March and Fall back during late October. This means in the Winter period you only need to pay upto to 15:00 hours, whilst in Summer time you pay upto 18:00 hours and it's free after those times. The number of people who read the sign and then pay after 15:00 hours in the Winter is amazing! Others will ask when the Summer time charges start or end and that question was asked around Christmas.  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.