• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 163
  • Total: 163
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Sigma 50-500 EX DG

Started by Mick, October 16, 2008, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

just found thread. This is my favourite lens of all time. I dont want to be sexist  ??? but boobs are a distinct advantage when hand holding this lens. I'm on my 3 rd one now. I just bought it a week ago. I sold the first one to get a Canon 100-400l as it was "the" lens to have and I was sorely disappointed it was soft in comparisson to my Bigma. So I dully sold that and rebought a Bigma. Now that Ive given up the wedding photography it was the first lens I sought out to replenish my equipment and Ive now got an immaculate second hand one. Its a great walkabout lens although sometimes a little impractical, like when you turn round and nearly give the dog brain damage dunting him with it. Yes its not brilliant in low light but then you wouldnt expect it to be really.

skellum

Sold mine a couple of years back to finance a second Canon 1D. A very good lens but can't say I miss it as I never used it much. I had always hoped to get some type of spectacular shots of Puffins or similar but it never happened.  I have a Canon 70-200 L plus a Extender which is enough for me.

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on September 19, 2012, 07:47:38 PM
just found thread. This is my favourite lens of all time. I dont want to be sexist  ??? but boobs are a distinct advantage when hand holding this lens. I'm on my 3 rd one now. I just bought it a week ago. I sold the first one to get a Canon 100-400l as it was "the" lens to have and I was sorely disappointed it was soft in comparisson to my Bigma. So I dully sold that and rebought a Bigma. Now that Ive given up the wedding photography it was the first lens I sought out to replenish my equipment and Ive now got an immaculate second hand one. Its a great walkabout lens although sometimes a little impractical, like when you turn round and nearly give the dog brain damage dunting him with it. Yes its not brilliant in low light but then you wouldnt expect it to be really.

Still a cracking lens considering you can use both the Sigma 1.4 and 2x converters with it.  :tup:

Graham

Quote from: Karen on September 19, 2012, 07:47:38 PM
I dont want to be sexist  ??? but boobs are a distinct advantage when hand holding this lens. I'm on my 3 rd one now.

Third boob?!  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

hardy har har  :2funny:  just noticed that

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.