• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Zenfolio

Started by Bigbill, July 08, 2010, 08:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

Good evening from Sultry Sheffy  :D

Now then,just recently i stumbled across Zenfolio,,,and i,m not one for going ga ga about anything at the drop of a hat,,,,however Zenfolio provide a top class way for you to try and make some pennies from your Photography,
Zip across and have a look around,you can try the free trial,,me thinks you will be hooked !!Even an idiot like me can make money from it !!(its reviewed in this months Pro Photo),,,my site www.gigstills.co.uk
is from Zen,,,,,,please feel free to look and pull to pieces !!
My only negative point is the prints can be really wide of the mark,,,,,,
Please post your views.

Shine On

Alfonso_Frisk

Bill
Sorry but I am confused
If the prints are crap then why bother with the site?
or, are you printing/sending out your own
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Bigbill

Hello from Steamy Sheffy,

Probably best if you go look around the things on offer,you will find that you can link your site to your printing company of choice,,end of problem,
also,you can choose to do your own printing,,,i put the above proviso in to help anyone avoid any potential problems.
I have not seen anything better than Zenfolio,,,,maybe somebody else has ??

Shine On

ABERS

Hi Bill
Thanks for the tip. Had a look and found it a bit confusing with acres of copy, especially in the part where they list the features and benefits of their service and how they take their commission.

It doesn't seem much different to other web hosting companies from which you can sell your work if you are going down that road. I would be a bit dubious about putting a third party in between the seller and the buyer, always a fly in the ointment when a dispute arises.

As anyone who has a web site knows, it's all very well having a site but generating a flow of visitors to that site is the difficult part. I can't see where Zenfolio help their customers in that way, it looks like a site in itself that hosts a multitude of links in one place, a bit like Clickpic does.

That all sounds terribly negative and I'm sure there are many positives to the company's offerings, but I approach this from the point of view of not wanting to sell prints, so my observations may be a little jaundiced.

Good luck with your endeavours...Alan

Bigbill

Hello to Abers from Tropical Sheffy,,,

Yepp,,is a bit of a sticky point the 3rd party bit,,so use an online printer you trust,,,,
Like yourself i,m not over keen on selling prints at all,,but it HAS to be done with confidence,
Downloads of my Australian Pink Floyd shoot went out in Twenty One cities in Ten countries,,,also the Predators thing went well,,,,(downloads are the way forward)
the fees to Zenfolio are very good,,,,
advertising the site i see as a completely different issue,,and the most bloody annoying one,,,,
I,m not here to sell Zenfolio or any other site provider,,but lately a few people have hinted at making a few extra pennies,so,,this has been raised to that end,

Shine On

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.