• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

A bit of a Swizz!

Started by ABERS, May 10, 2012, 08:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

As a fan of Wildlife programmes I was eagerly anticipating the BBC's much heralded  Planet Earth Live. Having watched two slots I'm still waiting to see something live apart from two shots, both generated by heat seeking infrared cameras and both of which would have been indistinguishable if the presenter hadn't told us what they were.

That babbling tw*t Hammond seems more interested in pointing out it rains a lot and the woman involved let's us know that bear cubs are cuddly. So far the only live piece of animal related activity is the dissection of a wolf's turd. The next thing is perhaps the startling fact that "bears sh8t in the woods".

michaelb104

I was looking forward to this too but after 20 minutes of it on Sunday night I gave up. 

I really think Hammond should stick to talking about inane drivel with Clarkson, and Bradbury should stick to trogging through the Lake District in the footsteps of Wainwright (which I quite enjoyed).
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on May 10, 2012, 08:00:00 AM
The next thing is perhaps the startling fact that "bears sh8t in the woods".

I wondered what I keep putting my foot in!  :doh:

Jonathan

To be fair, the Masai Mara at night isn't a great choice for available light filming....
It's Guest's round

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on May 10, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
To be fair, the Masai Mara at night isn't a great choice for available light filming....

I know that and you know that, but....etc. etc.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

I gave up and wathcch some thing else
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Cabbyjohn

I wanted to like this programme, I really did. However I also switched over after a few minutes. Richard Hammond seemed to waffle on needlessly.

Oldboy

It appears that the BBC is getting some flack over this program and the lack of live material.  :uglystupid2:

The beasts were picked up by thermal imaging cameras in Kenya – and made up a disappointing five minutes of the 70-minute programme.

Viewers have now called on the BBC to scrap the series for its lack of live animal footage and criticised the 'inane drivel' from co-presenter Richard Hammond.

One comment on the BBC's Points of View site said of the Top Gear host: 'He's more interested in trying to be funny and should stick to low grade, inane series that he can't ruin.'

Another viewer posted on The Week's website: 'What was built up as a fascinating live series of broadcasts turned into a celeb-led, dumbed-down amalgam of 'recorded earlier' and gurning to camera.

The first episode, which also featured co-presenter Julia Bradbury in the US, included only about 20 minutes of live television between pre-recorded footage of animals.

Another comment to PoV read: 'So, let me get this right. The only 'live' aspect to this show is Hammond presenting the links from a dark and rainy Kenya?'

Another added: 'They should at least cancel the remaining episodes.'
Hammond has claimed he has a 'lifelong passion' for wildlife.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/898517-viewers-call-on-bbc-to-scrap-planet-earth-live-after-animal-no-show#ixzz1uUZV7zVU

mondmagu

Have to agree Abers,total waste.It's a pity because they really hyped it up in the advertising.I was really looking forward to the series.
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Reinardina

How 'live,' can a wildlife programme be?
I remember one 'Springwatch' programme, where we went 'live' to the badger set at dusk. Only to look at the entrance where nothing happened and the presenter (Oddie?) going on and on, about how they could appear any minute. They never did. At least not during the programme.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2012, 03:32:34 PM
How 'live,' can a wildlife programme be?
I remember one 'Springwatch' programme, where we went 'live' to the badger set at dusk. Only to look at the entrance where nothing happened and the presenter (Oddie?) going on and on, about how they could appear any minute. They never did. At least not during the programme.

More goes on in the daylight than at night.  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.