• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

The met office, who forecast sun today but it didn't appear until 15:00 and didn't last long. I don't know of any other job that you constantly fail at but still get paid.  >:( >:( >:(

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: Oldboy on November 15, 2013, 06:49:26 PM
I don't know of any other job that you constantly fail at but still get paid.  >:( >:( >:(
MP ?

Oldboy

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT ? :knuppel2:

The desktop PC I use for collecting and broadcasting AIS shipping data started to play up so I decided to try a system restore point.
No dates came up for selection but I just clicked continue and left it to do its thing.
Came back to find the PC has reverted back to factory settings and was asking for ID keys etc and the hard drive is now wiped of everything I had on it :uglystupid2:
Turned it off in pure frustration.
This morning Ive turned it back on, walked out the room and heard a pop and now the screen is off.
Looking like a cheapo/refurb set up is now required. grrr
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 16, 2013, 09:09:28 AM

The desktop PC I use for collecting and broadcasting AIS shipping data started to play up so I decided to try a system restore point.
No dates came up for selection but I just clicked continue and left it to do its thing.
Came back to find the PC has reverted back to factory settings and was asking for ID keys etc and the hard drive is now wiped of everything I had on it :uglystupid2:
This morning Ive turned it back on, walked out the room and heard a pop and now the screen is off.

That's a hell of a lot worse than my laptop problems!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Quote from: Oldboy on November 15, 2013, 06:49:26 PM
The met office, who forecast sun today but it didn't appear until 15:00 and didn't last long. I don't know of any other job that you constantly fail at but still get paid.  >:( >:( >:(

If you go to Florida - their Met Office uses 'dual doppler radar' - i mention it only because whe i watched a weather forecast they used to sing its praises - but sadly it seemed to worth its praises.
When they said it would rain on the I-Drive down by Sea World but not the Rosen Centre (just a 1/4 mile apart) at approx 15:15 - they were more often than not right  :o

Apparently our Met Office is moving onto these radars at some point in the future - but i would add this in defence of our Met Office.  ???

It has been proven that the UK is the ONLY place on the planet in which the weather is influenced by 5 different other weather factors (jet stream, north atlantic, north pole, southern europe and south atlantic - which is below the equatorial line). Japan comes second with 3 weather systems affecting it
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 16, 2013, 09:09:28 AM

Did you have the data backed up?  :(
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Alfonso_Frisk

Some data is backed up and the programes I need for AIS I have copies of.
Tried it with another screen and the pc boots up as factory refurb restored  but if I try to update it from windows update it hangs. (xp machine btw)
Tried the old lap top (xp) and tried to update that. No joy it also just hangs.

My day just gets worse. The toaster has just gone pop as well.
Also just tried for the second week to set up on line banking with my new bank Santander. Again its failed at the change password pages and locked me out. Their NO HELP lines tell me its another 7 days to get the info sent to me to try again and I must have entered incorrect data. GRRRRRRRRRRR. Ive told them to shove it and will change back to my old bank.

Andrew

You have my sympathies - it really is turning into a bad week by the seems of it...  :(

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Andrew on November 16, 2013, 06:01:44 PM
You have my sympathies - it really is turning into a bad week by the seems of it...  :(
Cheers
A bad few weeks really and expensive
100 notes speeding fine and 3 pts  :-[
Tumble drier jacked in  :'(
1 tooth out and 2 fillings  :(
New bathroom cistern jacked in  :'(
Film snapped inside camera and I did not realise until the processor contacted me to say roll was empty (and charged me)    :'( :'( :'(

I'm scared to go to the loo now in case I snap something off   :D :D :legit:

jinky

Oh dear lots of woes.

Chin up everyone! Sounds a dreadful assignment, a real Photoshop job: turning a disaster area into a dream palace.
But, you've learnt something, and will be more professional next time- Reinardina
I thought I'd been professional this time and gone the extra mile too! Anyway looks like all OK. She's obviously checked with son now and said she's transferring fee to my bank and enough to use. :D

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on November 16, 2013, 07:30:56 PM
Oh dear lots of woes.

Chin up everyone! Sounds a dreadful assignment, a real Photoshop job: turning a disaster area into a dream palace.
But, you've learnt something, and will be more professional next time- Reinardina
I thought I'd been professional this time and gone the extra mile too! Anyway looks like all OK. She's obviously checked with son now and said she's transferring fee to my bank and enough to use. :D

Good news.  :tup:

Reinardina

Couldn't upload the colour version of my 'Guard Dog' shot yesterday. Mono version went on okay.

Tried another colour shot today and all I get is this:

????

Cannot upload Zero Byte files.

?0?????

?

??

Both photos uploaded to Flickr without any problems!

What is going on?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on November 17, 2013, 11:02:09 AM
Couldn't upload the colour version of my 'Guard Dog' shot yesterday. Mono version went on okay.

Tried another colour shot today and all I get is this:

????

?0?????

?

??

Both photos uploaded to Flickr without any problems!

What is going on?

Strange one Reinardina.  Can you attach it to your next post?

EDIT: Actually scrap that idea, and instead of using the "Multiple files, Flash driven" uploader, select the "Simple one file at a time" setting from the dropdown R/H side of the upload page, and see if that works please. 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.