• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 24, 2013, 05:41:42 PM
My regular visit to the endocrinologist today. He's still trying to push me for bariatric surgery. I already told him, I'm terrified of getting surgery. Now he wants me on 4 shots of insulin a day, even though he says it will make me bigger. I'm already carrying around 235 lbs. I  went as high as 270 lbs. once upon a time. He's the doctor but I don't get how being fatter is better than having higher blood sugar. Its just trading one problem, diabetes, for another problem, greater risk of heart attack. Now I'm just frustrated and depressed.  :(

Sorry to hear about your problems Spin.  :'(

Graham

I was promised more snow, I want more snow, where is my snow?!     :knuppel2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

To much snow here now   :(

Beaux Reflets

Nice shot Dave.

WAMT?  Being hit by the flu bug some of the family have had for the last few days - Head pounding and as weak as a wet paper bag  :( - Just hope I can stay active and work the blasted thing out of the system  :knuppel2:.

An entry for weekly comp looking even more distant  :'(
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 25, 2013, 05:44:21 PM
Nice shot Dave.

WAMT?  Being hit by the flu bug some of the family have had for the last few days - Head pounding and as weak as a wet paper bag  :( - Just hope I can stay active and work the blasted thing out of the system  :knuppel2:.

Just wrap yourself up with jumpers and blankets, rub your hands together as you take a picture of yourself - Uriah Heep in one go.  :P

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on January 25, 2013, 01:20:26 PM

I was promised more snow, I want more snow, where is my snow?!     :knuppel2:

You and me both plus some sunshine.  :(

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on January 25, 2013, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on January 25, 2013, 05:44:21 PM
Nice shot Dave.

Just wrap yourself up with jumpers and blankets, rub your hands together as you take a picture of yourself - Uriah Heep in one go.  :P

:2funny: I think it may be well out of focus  :P
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

bones615

Just serviced the mower and cut the grass, barely 3 months since last cut. Green concrete is looking very appealing!

Mick

Quote from: bones615 on February 17, 2013, 11:39:04 AM
Just serviced the mower and cut the grass, barely 3 months since last cut. Green concrete is looking very appealing!

Ours needs cutting too, but I can't be bothered today. it's cold out there.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

I don't think our moss needs a trim just yet.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 17, 2013, 01:01:37 PM
I don't think our moss needs a trim just yet.

Same here mate, been so wet the moss has taken over.  A good dose of moss killer then after a week or two run over it with a Scarifier or lawn rake should do the trick.  Spiking the soil helps too.  Don't  Scarify without treating with moss killer first though, or you'll spread it about and make it worse.

My handy gardening tip for the day.  :D  :legit:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Thanks for the tip!

Now all I need to do is work out how to dose an acre of moss and scarify it before next Christmas  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 17, 2013, 01:24:31 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Now all I need to do is work out how to dose an acre of moss and scarify it before next Christmas  :D

:doh:  Yeah, that might take a while.  lol...

A lot of people just hit it with the Scarifier, or electric lawn rake, not realising they are spreading it about, and wonder why it comes back worse each time.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Graham

I tend to subscribe to the Bill Bryson school of gardening.
         Once every Autumn I have a look under the sink, and have a hunt around the garage and gather up all the old bottles and cans with sculls and crossbones on them, mix them all up in a big bucket and give everything in the garden a damn good dousing.
         You do have to dodge the occasional falling tree, but it's not without it's successes. I did, on one occasion get a fence post to fruit!  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

Quote from: Mick on February 17, 2013, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: bones615 on February 17, 2013, 11:39:04 AM

Ours needs cutting too, but I can't be bothered today. it's cold out there.  :D
-16C here right now :)  I cut the grass in October.  I probably will not have to again until late April. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.