• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 38
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

"Who said that?"....Sorry :-[
           I'm absolutly sure that's not the case Dave, but I also know exactly what you mean.
           I think it's just the nature of internet forums generally. I sometimes feel the same about lack of coments on pictures posted and then realise that I'm probably the biggest culprit.
           A number of members who used to make interesting and thourght provoking posts no longer seem to be here at all, which I think is quite sad but what can you do.
           It's a bit like your local pub. You have your regulars, those that just drift in and out occasionaly, the shouty bloke in the corner, Mr Angry and all the other disperate and somtimes desperate little groups. You can move from group to group and occasionally you just drift off alltogether.
           Somtimes a thread will start up where everyone seems to joining in with well thought out suggestions and witty rejoinders, and I'll be sitting here wondering why everyone's started speaking in ancient Greek! (It's usually somthing to do with the workings of computers.).
           So Dave, no, I don't think your posts are being ignored, It's just that the response they're getting is not matching your expectations......That's somthing I suspect we all feel from time to time.
                        Stick with it matey.
                                             Graham. :tup:
PS  See. you've provoked my biggest post ever!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Graham

Sorry. Me again!
                       Iv'e just noticed you made your post at four in the morning. Is there any significance in that?
                       It seems an odd time of day to be feeling that way.
                                            Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Quote from: Just Dave on July 03, 2010, 04:03:16 AM
Not annoyed, Sometime I just feel my posts are ignored or is it me. Ooops should be in, What annoyed you today? I honestly feel. Im not wanted here please say and Ill go, if I dont fit in

Dave, I know it feels like that sometimes, but I can assure you you're not being ignored.  You are as welcome as anyone else to be here, that's what I put the site up for. I think the lack of input is mainly down to the small member count we have here.  I've tried to get more members to visit, but the only people who sign up lately are spammers.

I also admit I don't post as much as I should as the site owner, but I'm very busy trying to put together a updated version of this site using the latest versions of the Forum, and Gallery software.  The ones we are using now will soon be unsupported.

Please don't take it personally.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

Quote from: Just Dave on July 03, 2010, 04:03:16 AM
Not annoyed, Sometime I just feel my posts are ignored or is it me. Ooops should be in, What annoyed you today? I honestly feel. Im not wanted here please say and Ill go, if I don't fit in

Dave, your comments, pictures and thoughts are always welcome. It's the posting that makes people come in and read. According to the stats, over the last year i have been the biggest contributor to this site = but of late in know that not to be the case. I've been busy streamlining my work flow, upgrading to LR3 and building my web site. Oh yeah - and returning to work after the better part of a year off.

If you look, you will find that people are busy or moving on with things. Take Jonathan - always been  a regular contributor but he's becoming the new Tim Wallace. Work is preventing him from joining in as much.
A loss for us maybe - but good for him and that's how it should be.

But others will come along. Others of us will be able to start visiting more often. I'm sure this hot weather has not helped either. If i lived up you neck of the woods i probably wouldn't be here at all - i'd be up with Dave in the Lakes all the time. As for the World Cup and Wimbledon - and then the recession. These are all affecting what people are able to do and how much time they are able to give to contributing on a web site.

This site is not alone either. I've heard of a few others tog sites where the numbers are down - so don't give up. Hold in there.

Could i interest you in a possible meet around the September time?

Just Dave

Thanks guys, I couldnt sleep last night and I did feel I was either being ignored or didnt fit in, I now know that is not the case, I do try to contribute, in a positive way, thanks again
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

"Jonathan the new Tim"
                                           Discuss.

Graham. :D

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Just looked, and Tim hasn't been on here since 23 May 2008  :o  ???  Think we can safely say he's not coming back to CC.  :(

My Gallery

OpenSea

picsfor

Quote from: admin on July 03, 2010, 01:56:18 PM
Just looked, and Tim hasn't been on here since 23 May 2008  :o  ???  Think we can safely say he's not coming back to CC.  :(

I appreciate that point Mick.

For me, CC is the replacement for DCM - and when we all joined in at DCM, Tim was a regular whose attendance diminished with his increased work commitments.
But through all of that, he was always giving in his contributions as is Jonathan now (1 star wars excluded - although some would say that was helpful in its own way).
You only have to visit Jonathan's site, see the comments on this site or visit other forums he contributes on to realise he is getting busier and with less time to visit such forums.

Whilst we as amateurs may lose out by not getting a regular supply of good advice and discussion points we have to be happy that Tim, Jonathan or Dave who are professional photographers by trade are too busy to give this site the time they would like. But it does leave a vacuum to be filled by the next up and coming professional.

The question is - who is the next amateur to turn pro and make a go of it whilst giving tips on how they're making photography work for them?

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on July 03, 2010, 01:21:08 PM

"Jonathan the new Tim"
                                           Discuss.

Well they've both got something called a 'blad. 8)

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on July 03, 2010, 02:29:09 PM

"Jonathan the new Tim"
                                           Discuss.

Short for "Bladder problem" if memory serves.
                           Graham. :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: Graham on July 03, 2010, 03:01:21 PM
Quote from: ABERS on July 03, 2010, 02:29:09 PM

"Jonathan the new Tim"
                                           Discuss.

Short for "Bladder problem" if memory serves.
                           Graham. :2funny:

Gee, I have one of them, it hasn't helped my photography one bit.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: admin on July 03, 2010, 01:56:18 PM
Good point Mick
Why we still plugging his site then on the front page? Would rather see something from a regular IMHO
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hybridphotog

Quote from: picsfor on July 03, 2010, 02:18:56 PM
For me, CC is the replacement for DCM - and when we all joined in at DCM, Tim was a regular whose attendance diminished with his increased work commitments.
But through all of that, he was always giving in his contributions as is Jonathan now (1 star wars excluded - although some would say that was helpful in its own way).
You only have to visit Jonathan's site, see the comments on this site or visit other forums he contributes on to realise he is getting busier and with less time to visit such forums.
Hmm... my views of Tim are somewhat marred by an unprovoked outburst, thanks to him assuming I'd said something about his family.

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on July 03, 2010, 05:18:03 PM

Good point Mick
Why we still plugging his site then on the front page? Would rather see something from a regular IMHO

Got any suggestions?   :idea: If Jonathan or anyone else is willing to provide a little pic (160 pixels wide x 200 pixels high)to replace the one in that block, I'll change it.  or add some more blocks.  :tup:

Even better if they can supply a little code to go in a PHP or HTML block to go with it.  :legit:

My Gallery

OpenSea

picsfor

why not vary it each month? A different tog with a site to show...

If you look in the member profiles it looks like you could last a couple of years before coming round again - and that's assuming no new sites turn up in the mean time.
Maybe you could call it 'site of the month', or 'photographer of the month'.

Let the person who is featured pick the next site, but it can't be one that's been used in the last 2 years or similar...

There are some excellent sites by some excellent photographers on this forum, and they're not all pros either.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.