• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

For all competition fans.

Started by ABERS, April 14, 2016, 03:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

If you're  addicted to competitions have a go at getting an entry accepted here.

cotswold-monochrome.co.uk

Good luck.

Hinfrance

It's a very prestigious competition Alan, far above my league even if I were 'local'.

Will you be entering this year?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 15, 2016, 11:50:37 AM

Working on it this weekend H.

With the main emphasis on CC revolving around competitions I  thought this would have appealed to members.

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on April 16, 2016, 08:14:06 AM
Quote from: Hinfrance on April 15, 2016, 11:50:37 AM

Working on it this weekend H.

With the main emphasis on CC revolving around competitions I  thought this would have appealed to members.

It`s not that the main emphasis is on competitions - just seems to be the thread that gets a reaction , if still limited. I just enter the CC one  when I can as a bit of fun. Other than that I have set myself to enter the odd competition this year that offers a prize / trip I might want to win as long as it is free to enter and doesn`t make me go to the expense of getting prints done. Thus this one doesn`t appeal to me as the be honest there is nothing in it for me other than kudos as far as I can tell with a strong possibility of a feeling of rejection. At my age / financial situation kudos means nothing, rejection is worse and if I do enter anything it`s strictly for the cash benefits. Thus not a competition addict at all I guess  ;). Good look with your entry(ies) though - I`m sure you`ll do well in what seems to be your little addiction  ;)

ABERS

Not a competition addict at all. If I resonded to all the competition/exhibition invitations that arrive in my in-box I'd be doing nothing else.

I only take part if there is to be an exhibition at the end of it, and then only in the print section. One of the most enjoyable things I find in photography is arriving at a print that has been solely my work, taking, processing, printing and mounting. I've never had a picture printed by an outside printing house, it would feel like way back when you took your film down to the chemists. I'm afraid that's old fashioned me. :uglystupid2:

Getting rejects are all part of the scheme of things, it makes any acceptances all the sweeter.

ABERS

Well a panel of 3 judges deem that two of my entries are worthy to be displayed to the public at large. No cash but just the pleasure of hitting the spot (twice!) ;)

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

A great achievement. Well done.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.