• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Entry thread for Weekly comp GOOD NEWS STORY

Started by stevebedder, January 23, 2012, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevebedder

CHAT THREAD
This weeks topic for the competition is...

A GOOD NEWS STORY

All I seem to hear in the news lately is that the world is imploding and that everyone is horrible (OK, slight exaggeration) but I'm sure there are plenty of good news stories out there. This weeks comp is to take a shot that represents a GOOD NEWS story that you have read or seen. It could be a global or national GOOD NEWS story, or something more local to you. It doesn't even need to have been reported in the news, it could be something neighbourly or family orientated that highlights the GOOD that is happening in the world, your town, your street, your house etc.

As an extra incentive to enter this weeks competition, there will be a 2Gb USB 'credit card' thumb drive for the winner.

No restrictions on any PPing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 23rd Jan 2012 to 23:59 Sunday  29th Jan 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 30th January 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 31st January 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 4th Feb 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Good luck everyone  :tup:

Reinardina

A cure for macular degeneration.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Delamanda

White Van Gents

As part of the smartening up of London ahead of the Olympics, white van man will no longer be allowed unless he upgrades to become a white van gentleman.

Oldboy

As a species the robin is doing very well and its population has increased by 45% since 1970.

People's favorite bird the Robin:

jinky

Leeds Corn Exchange is back and open for business!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.