• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

OLDEN DAYS CHAT thread Weekly Comp 19th-27th May 2018

Started by jinky, May 19, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

THIS IS THE CHAT THREAD

The ENTRIES  thread is here: https://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.msg57421#msg57421

This week's challenge is Olden days

Something with that olden days / vintage look or something historical. Anything evoking a feeling of days gone by.

No restrictions whatsoever on PP work.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 27th May 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 28th May 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 29th  May 2018.
Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd June 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

jinky

Decided to take some friends to the Haworth 1940`s weekend. Not quite as good as previous years that I`ve been I felt but still fun. Funniest guy was this one doing the Churchill speech with a clearly Yorkshire accent. Talked about "if it `appens" etc. I half expected him to say "We shall  on `t beaches"   ;D

Reinardina

Didn't realise he 'was' Churchill, thought he was a singer, though I'm not sure they used to sing with their hat on. Great vintage style portrait.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Yes not as convincing a Churchill as their old one who seemed to have gone this year along with a few other regulars.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 27, 2018, 07:22:22 AM
Didn't realise he 'was' Churchill, thought he was a singer, though I'm not sure they used to sing with their hat on. Great vintage style portrait.

The rat pack used to sing wearing hats in their movies and Sammy Davies junior nearly always wore a hat on stage.  :tup:

Jediboy

I found an old typewriter at my parents house. My mum used to use it years ago when she worked for Lloyds Bank, and she kept it when computers came along.

My children (aged 9, 8, and 5) are fascinated, having never seen one before. They can't seem to stop writing letters, and my eldest asked if it had had autocorrect! :2funny:

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Lovely old Imperial. I just love typewriters. Every car boot I go to I look for one. All I've ever seen are small portables, but I want an office machine - a Remington, Adler, Olympus or Olivetti if I can. I'll keep looking. Maybe one day. I've got a late Brother electric typewriter, but you can't beat the mechanical ones.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

There is something rather special about it. Tempted to keep it but unsure. I look upon it as a piece of history and it has bags of character.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

An oldie from me this week - been a bit busy. Seem to have fixed my PC by replacing the power supply (so saved having to lay out for a new one), been sourcing a new door mirror for the Mondeo after someone inconsiderate, not to mention useless, driver coming in the opposite direction vapourised it when Mrs H was on her way to work - didn't stop, dashcams now ordered; and finally we've been opening the pool up for the season. Not as hard as putting to bed, but still quite a lot of work.

So here's a Polaroid camera:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.