• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Cats and Dogs - CHAT THREAD -weekly comp 20/03/2021 to 28/03/2021

Started by Jediboy, March 21, 2021, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Cats and Dogs

This is the CHAT THREAD

Anything interpretation of the theme Cats and Dogs.

Anything goes re: processing.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 28th March 2021, but if you are struggling this week one from your archive is fine.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 29th March 2021.
Poll will be up Tuesday 30th March 2021.

Winner to be announced Saturday 3rd April 2021.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Funnily enough I took a few shots of a dog this morning! Must be psychic ;)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Mine is one of a sequence of 7 shots - hard to choose what was best TBH!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

After 10 days I can stand up with just a little pain so thought I`d get an entry in as I could get to the pc. A re-worked one but progress. I should be able to set the poll tomorrow too with a bit of luck. Thanks for well wishes. Quite the most painful illness I`ve ever had and no idea how I picked it up as I still cannot see any puncture marks but dr reckons it was a bite from somewhere - maybe Joey!!!

Hinfrance

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It could very well have been a spider bite. People in general underestimate how bad they can be. I was bitten multiple times on the thigh by a spider last year. The site got redder and redder, hotter and hotter, and larger and larger until the red patch was most of the top of my leg. There followed a 2 week course of antibiotics. My leg is lightly scarred.

Our cat is a PITA too, but at least it keeps the mice down.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Good news that you are on the mend. Wow, didn't suspect it to be a bite. Nasty.

If you need me to I'll happily do the poll. Day off so can easily get it done. 👍
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Cheers both. Yes most likely was an insect bite but not seeing any evidence of a hole anywhere it`s hard to say. I suspect I`ll be scarred too H as the leg is still very red and buckled skin. It looks and feels like a burn now and tickles and stings like a bad nettle rash / jelly fish sting  but just so happy I can walk on it. Won`t be getting my 10,000 steps a day in for a while but on the mend.

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on March 30, 2021, 09:10:25 AM
Good news that you are on the mend. Wow, didn't suspect it to be a bite. Nasty.

If you need me to I'll happily do the poll. Day off so can easily get it done. 👍

Some insects can give a very painful and nasty bite. I was once bitten by a horse fly and made me jump up! See this: https://www.bing.com/search?q=horsefly+bite&form=ANNTH1&refig=ea4f891ef5094e5693243e6cdeb21403&sp=2&qs=AS&pq=horsefly&sk=AS1&sc=8-8&cvid=ea4f891ef5094e5693243e6cdeb21403

It itches like mad and the more you scratch it the more itchy it becomes. When it stopped itching after a few days I had nice bloody red patch which took a year to clear up. I've had bad nettle stings which caused my hand to swell up so that I couldn't closed my hand or make a fist. That's part of the fun of been a wildlife photographer.  :dance:

Glad you are feeling better.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.