• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT-COMPLEXITY-Weekly Comp 02/09 - 08/09/2013

Started by Hinfrance, September 02, 2013, 08:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

CHAT HERE PLEASE.

Entries in the ENTRIES thread please.

This week's theme is COMPLEXITY. Seems like a perfect complement to last week's competition.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted.

No restrictions on post processing, but try not to overdo it!

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 2nd September 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 8th September 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 9th September 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 10th September 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 14th September. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

OOOO interesting theme, Hinfrance. Have googled the meaning of the word, which says very complicated or detailed. I think I have my idea already.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

One to kick start  ;)

Teardrop Explosion

Autumn is here with a misty morning  ;D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

kerbside

In with this at the moment, saw it today when going to a client. Wanted to get a grunge type look to this pic:

Complexity in Concrete

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

What a total contrast! The delicate complexity v. the robust 'hard' complexity.

I don't quite know what to do yet. Have some possible entries, but with Daughter over for a week, I haven't had much time for photography or editing or internet.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Trust you to find the spiders web first Andy ;)! Spent an hour walking looking for one yesterday with my water spray bottle in hand. I was banking on the back of my shed but never one around when you want one! Back to the drawing board!

Hinfrance

I've finally got an idea after doing a bit of dusting yesterday. Probably won't have time to do anything about it until the weekend though.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on September 05, 2013, 07:59:36 AM
Trust you to find the spiders web first Andy ;)! Spent an hour walking looking for one yesterday with my water spray bottle in hand. I was banking on the back of my shed but never one around when you want one! Back to the drawing board!

I would not worry about same subject choice Paul, as angle and light in shot will always be different  :tup:

The old sprayer tip can be useful but from past plays rarely gets close to the real thing unless you are very gentle and the water is soft  ;)  Like a bit of spit onto the anvil, it is also useful for obtaining bright jumping sparks when doing action shots of hammering red hot iron.  :tup:

I was hoping to catch the spider asleep on the web as well but I was not quick enough or jogged a strand getting in close   :(
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spikeyjen

This would be my entry for this weeks comp, but I drive into the desert in 2 days time and will not have reliable internet access for the next couple of weeks.

jinky

Enter it spikeyjen. Message me with a title for the next challenge should you win and I`ll happily set it up / do the poll for you if it wins. There`s always someone on here willing to do that when necessary. If something unexpected crops even, there will always be a willing volunteer too if there is a gap /s ilence. Go for it.  ;)

spikeyjen

Reinardina

Spent a day in Cowes yesterday, and it is remarkable, how many of the shots I took fit in the 'complexity' category.

All apart from this one of course.

Reinardina

I'm in with the 'Complexity of tall ship maintenance.'

Hinfrance

Recording music - increasingly complex, but I have gone for an old hardware based piece of kit, my 12:8:2 studio desk. Still in use in conjunction with computer based recording. Complex, but fun. Don't ask me how many knobs, buttons and sliders.  OK, 287, just counted them.  :D

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

My original entry was a bit of a hasty job, as I was very restricted on time and wanted an entry.
Have had time to do a bit more editing, and adjusted the 'lop sided' vignette.

It is now like this:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.