• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 253
  • Total: 253
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - Black and White Comp 15th-22nd January 2017

Started by jinky, January 14, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

CHAT Thread - Black and White- Weekly Challenge 15th January 2017 to 22nd January 2017

This week's theme is Black and White

I`ve got a new travel camera, a Fuji Xt 10 and am struggling to find best output for black and white work just now straight out of camera. Not a problem as I can use silver effex etc but it has been making me try quite a lot of black and white shots (mainly indoor of my cat due to the weather). To push me on this theme is black and white interpreted as you wish. It might simply be a black and white image or a colour image even where the main point of interest is black and white - up to you. Pretty much anything goes.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 22nd January 2017, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 23rd January 2017.
Poll will be up Tuesday 24th January 2017.
Winner to be announced Saturday 28th January 2017

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

jinky

Having worked out the dates I have to say that I am away from 22nd January so am unable to do the poll as I`m not expecting to have access to wifi given how much they charge for crap internet on cruise ships. I`m off to the Arabian Gulf on a cruise that was too cheap to knock back. I love being retired! If some kind soul could step up to the plate I`d be grateful. I`ll try and get an entry in before I go. I`m itching to try some street photography this week myself.

Oldboy

Should have made it grey as that's all we have seen this week!  >:(

jinky

Was hoping to get out today for my shot but damp and grey and packing to do now so it`s a reworked one form my new Fuji XT10 which is proving to be a nice buy I think. My pal Joey in B&W

Decided Joey was too easy to fall back on so looked again at a rework of a landscape I took with the Fuji at Bolton Abbey. I rarely convert landscapes so thought   - why not?

Simple

These are regular attendees at the photography club. This time we decided to set up a gangster style picture. The lighting is from 4 separate flashguns each pointing in the general direction of a face. All triggered with cheap Yongnuo triggers.

David Blandford

I got my new Camera yesterday (Pentax K70) and the sun making an appearance this morning encouraged me to go out and have a play. Whilst I am not totally happy with this shot, I decided to enter it and see what feedback I received.  I was  trying to recreate an old world type shot of the thatched Cuckoo pub at Hamptworth.

still trying to paint with light!!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.