• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Some Garden Shots

Started by Cathus, March 02, 2012, 01:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathus

A few from the garden this morning before I go to work...

All these photos were taken on my iPhone.

spinner

I am jealous, I won't see that kind of life in my garden until probably mid April. :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Scrolling through the pics ...yeah, nice shots...oh..number three yellow flower shame the focus isn't on the tip of the stamen. Scroll a bit futher "Taken on my iphone"!
         Hells Teeth!  :tup:
                                                              Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

michaelb104

iPhone...................who needs a DSLR  :-\
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beaux Reflets

Certainly cracking shots for detail - what is the iphone like on landscapes ?  :o
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Cathus

Thanks for the comments. I am loving my iPhoneography, I'm amazed at what you can do with a little camera phone.

SimonW

As photographic images they're something you can be proud of.

And as adverts for iPhones they're superb. By the time iPhone 6 is in production will anyone at all still want a camera?
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Quote from: michaelb104 on March 02, 2012, 04:40:40 PM

DSLRs are cheaper  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 03, 2012, 02:32:05 PM;D
Quote from: michaelb104 on March 02, 2012, 04:40:40 PM

DSLRs are cheaper  :legit:

Quite true  :)

Worry when Mrs H can ring you on your K5.  ;D   :legit:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Cathus

You won't get much choice of DSLR for 300-400 quid, and it won't wake you up in the morning, send and receive text messages, keep your diary, remind you of important events/meetings, let you process photographs, learn about the night sky, make video conference calls, browse the Internet, etc, etc. Oh, and make phone calls.

But anyway, it's all irrelevant as its the photographer, not the camera that counts, right?

Seriously though, I've found a certain amount of pretentiousness amongs some photographers who spend all their time telling you it's the photographer not the equipment (usually when your camera is better than theirs) but when they find out you've entered iPhone photos into their camera club competition, nobody noticed and one of them got in the top 6 out of 50, they suddenly get all stuffy and start asking whether that sortof thing should be allowed.
it does make me laugh.

Hinfrance

iPhone 4 is £560 near enough. But any 'phone that tried to wake me up in the morning would be down the toilet before the fist arpeggio had decayed.

Yep, they do take jolly good pictures.

But equipment does matter, to a degree. Try entering a Fomula 1 race with a G-Wiz and see how successful you are.

I do have a 'smart' phone, but would rather my old 3 weeks on one charge of the battery 'phone hadn't broken. Having to put the new thing on charge every couple of days is total PITA.

Our household now has a cheap Android tablet thingy too. I don't know about ice cream sandwich, but it's not getting on terrible well with butter and marmalade . . I guess I'm just old fashioned, but touch screen devices are all just so horrible to use.  ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Cathus

I think your analogy with formula one isn't very good. It suggests that the only possible reason for a journey is to get there as fast as possible. I'm not sure how you equate it to photography really, there are loads of reasons why a formula 1 car would to totally useless or at least far worse than a G-Wiz as a form of transport.

What analogy are you making to camera equipment and the end product, an image?

Oh, and you can get an iPhone 4 for for £299, iPhone 4S RRP is £499 to start, available for less if you look round eg £430 at Best Gadgets.

My wife hated touch screen phones, probably because my older LG had a slow system. I gave her my iPhone 3S at Christmas, after a week of using it she now loves the touch screen  system, she's hardly ever off the bloody thing.

Markulous

Pretty good images but......
Quote from: Cathus on March 03, 2012, 07:16:03 PM
<snip> .... when they find out you've entered iPhone photos into their camera club competition, nobody noticed and one of them got in the top 6 out of 50, they suddenly get all stuffy and start asking whether that sort of thing should be allowed.
it does make me laugh.
.... not very observant if anyone thinks the camera's on equal with a dSLR - just look at the edges for the distortion. But I've had an image in a national paper from my mobile (and most definitely not an iPhone which can produce OK shots - an SE is what I've used) - the trick is to play to the strengths and work around the weaknesses - and not tell or explain!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Cathus

I wonder whether you'd have commented about distortion if I hadn't revealed they were iPhone photos? Maybe I shouldn't have said and waited to see if anyone noticed.

Also, don't forget, these shots are with an add-on lens which, just like a DSLR with a cheap add on lens, will degrade whatever was available without the add-on. And the shots were taken yesterday, these are not the shots I entered in the camera club competition 2 weeks go, which were straight shots from the phone.

Markulous

Quote from: Cathus on March 03, 2012, 11:02:14 PM
I wonder whether you'd have commented about distortion if I hadn't revealed they were iPhone photos? Maybe I shouldn't have said and waited to see if anyone noticed.

LOL! It was going to be poor use of a Lensbaby or some dreadful PP or filter 'effect' - but you provided a "better" explanation. And no, I wouldn't have "noticed" (i.e. commented) if you hadn't said but put it down to LB or PP! I've seen some great shots from iPhones but also a lot of rubbish ones - but by the same token, some really great shots from other makes (it's only the more recent iPhones that have slightly better cameras!) and a lot of rubbish ones - and the new Nokia already produces shots that knock 'em all (unsurprisingly, if used properly)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.