• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

LR 2.6 now available

Started by picsfor, December 18, 2009, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

The above is now available for users with a  Nikon D3s and a Canon 7D

spinner

Is it just an upgrade or is it considered and new release with a cost?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Forseti

Quote from: spinner on December 18, 2009, 02:22:39 PM

FREE if you're already using a version 2 release. Also this from the Adobe site:

Lightroom 2.6 update
December 18, 2009
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® 2.6 update includes these enhancements:

•Additional camera support for several new camera models including the Canon EOS 7D and Nikon D3s
•Includes corrections for issues introduced by previous Lightroom 2 releases

although quite what the 'issues' were I don't really know - I've never had a problem with it.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

Quote from: spinner on December 18, 2009, 02:22:39 PM

The next new release with cost will be LR3.

Still having an enjoyable beta run by quite a few people.
Not sure at this time if i will upgrade. As i've said before, it has a few nice new features - but no real 'killer' improvement and i don't like the new import dialogue box. It's bloody awful!

soltek

Quotebut no real 'killer' improvement and i don't like the new import dialogue box. It's bloody awful!
in which why is it awful just a general enquiry

picsfor

Quote from: soltek on April 11, 2010, 05:19:39 PM
Quotebut no real 'killer' improvement and i don't like the new import dialogue box. It's bloody awful!
in which why is it awful just a general enquiry

The discussion regarding this particular feature is now obsolete as they have replaced it following much negative feed back.
the newer updated version is much more acceptable - not perfect but certainly something most people (myself included) can work with.

Whilst at the time of writing there were no "killer features" - the pendulum is swinging to the "the sum of the parts is greater than" view point.
The parts bringing forth savings in time, improvements in processing and output.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.