• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 137
  • Total: 137
  • Google
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Sigma 600mm mirror lens

Started by guest4, May 19, 2008, 10:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4

Just bought one of these off ebay, £102 which I think is pretty ok. I really like taking pics of the moon and I reckon this will do just fine for that as the main prob with mirror lenses ie the weird doughut shaped out of focus highlights won't really be an issue.

guest4

Lens has turned up, looks very good condition. Crazy lens though, about the size of a dustbin.

Mick

Quote from: veggiesosage on May 20, 2008, 12:37:08 PM
Crazy lens though, about the size of a dustbin.

:D  Got a pic of it on your camera, just to get an idea of size etc?  Look forward to seeing some pics from it.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guest4

Here it is

Put the little 50mm prime next to it for comparison. The GX10 isn't a particularly small camera.

Mick

Nice one Andy.  Looks shorter than I'd imagined, what's the diameter? and what does it weigh.  :o
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guest4

Diameter? 90mm at the front end. Weight, not sure, prob a bit over half a Kg, not as much as the GX10 body which is about 750g approx. Mirror lenses are shorter, I think thats the point of them, a 600mm prime whould be fairly shocking  :o

Anyway, here's what it can do, after a bit of trial and error was pleasantly surprised

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.