• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Hi All...

Started by Rhys Briers, July 25, 2010, 09:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Briers

Hello everyone,

I am new (obviously ;) ) to the site, and looking forward to participating in what looks to be a great forum.

I met two members yesterday on the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk in Richmond, but in true 'Rhys Briers' style, I cannot remember their actual names or forum names :-[ (I think I need to start writing things down).  I hope they spot this post and say hi so that I can thank them for pointing me to Camera Craniums, and so that we can work out the plan for the Richmond park outing we were chatting about.

I have been enjoying photography for about 7 years now, and was lucky enough to be part of a good photo forum community in South Africa where I was given the opportunity to learn from some fantastic togs - though the old brain does not remember half of what they said until after I have pressed the shutter  ::) so I am always looking for good crit to remind me what I should already know before I press the shutter.

Before this turns into an essay I will end off saying HELLO...

picsfor

Welcome Rhys.
I'm guessing the names were Krennon and Minkey Monkey - or maybe even an Abers!
Richmond Park is their usual stomping ground so to speak.

Enjoy the site -it's friendly and harmless - and loves photography, helping out, and if you've a mind for it - on occasions a touch of healthy debate.

Andrew

Graham

Hi Rhys.
                Andrew beat me to it >:(
                I'll bet it was Kieth aka Krennon and Martin aka Minkey_Monkey.

They'll no doubt be along in a bit to confirm.
                             Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Hi Rhys, and welcome to CC.  :tup:

Any questions relating to the site just shout.   There is some other themes for the site if your not too keen on the look, you might find something more to your liking.

Check this thread for more info.  New Themes Available

Cheers

Mick aka admin
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Rhys Briers

Thanks for the welcome!
Thank you Andrew and Graham, you are right, it was Kieth and Martin...
Thanks Mick, I will take a look and pick one.

ABERS

Welcome to CC. It was 'the walk' bit of the excercise that decided me against joining Krennon and Minkey!

skellum

Hello and welcome... :tup:...    Were abouts in SA ?  I lived there for many years in my youth.. :legit:

Rhys Briers

Thanks for the welcome Abers.
lol...  It was fun walking in the heat...  It reminded me why I am glad not to have a lot of kit on my back :)

Hi Dave, and thanks for the welcome.  I moved to JHB an age ago from Zim...  Then down to the beauty of Cape Town where I lived until two years ago when I moved to London.

skellum

You must be following me !   I lived near Johannesburg ( Kempton Park Area ) then worked in Cape Town and on my return to the UK I lived and worked in London for a couple of years. Back in my native Lancashire now.
Do you have any plans to move to Lancashire ?.  :2funny:

Oldboy

Hi Rhys and welcome.  :tup:

minky_monkey

Hi Rhys and welcome! 8)

A bloody good day yesterday, hope you got decent pics!!  At the end of the walk I definitely could've done with a  :beer:

Good to meet you both, I'm rubbish with name too!!! lol.

Rhys Briers

lol Dave, not planing on moving soon :)
Thanks for the welcome Oldboy and Martin!  Ja, the walk was good...  The beer and conversation after was better :tup: but the photos should have been better.

krennon

Hi Rhys, yep it was good to meet up with you, and definately have to do a shoot in Richmond or Bushy Park.
Glad you signed up to here and welcome to the forum.
Photo's don't look so great from Sat, but I haven't edited any of them yet so once I do I may post some here in the gallery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

picsfor

As a slight aside - i've still to go to Richamond Park. When is rutting season again? I'll give it a look for then.

krennon

Sept/Oct is the rutting season and we will definitely be doing a shoot at either Richmond or Bushy Park so keep an eye out on the CC meets up page... :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.