• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - DICKENS Weekly Comp Mon 21st Jan 2013 to Sun 27th Jan 2013

Started by Delamanda, January 20, 2013, 07:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamanda

CHAT  - DICKENS Weekly Comp Mon 21st Jan 2013 to Sun 27th Jan 2013

This weeks topic for the competition is...

DICKENS

Having just completed the RPS London 1853 24 hour photo marathon (celebrating 160 years of the RPS) my mind has been occupied with matters relating to 1853, so this week's theme is anything Dickensian, eg. a scene that might be from the pages of Dickens (H - you get your snow!), a character, a book, a quotation etc.

No restriction on editing/pp, and to quote HS from last week "let your imaginations run free" 

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 21st Jan 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 27th Jan 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 28th January 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 29th January 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd February  January  2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

jinky

I can always get it round to food - yummy!

Olive or twist?

Beaux Reflets

:2funny: one Paul - I'm still trying to think of what to put togeher for a shot  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Apart from a very obvious choice, I have run into photographer's block.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

I want to start joining uin again. have a couple of ideas for this theme but working Saturday and will struggle  for time
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 25, 2013, 12:40:13 PM
I want to start joining uin again. have a couple of ideas for this theme but working Saturday and will struggle  for time

The more the merrier - I'm struggling for an idea this week but hope something will spring to mind shortly.

Reinardina

Sunny day, well at least till about 2.30 pm, so I took myself out and about looking for Dickens in Southampton.
Went literally all over the place, especially those areas that were not flattened during the war, and walked approximately 5 miles.
In the river I found what I sought: a shipwreck. Or a wrecked ship/boat.

As I had also 'done my Dickens,' I know there's a short story in the 'Uncommercial Traveller,' called shipwreck. So hey presto!

Here's my entry:

Shipwreck.

Beaux Reflets

Well I managed a shot using the pony bread - Hard as rock  ;) 

Hard Times

Suitably 'exposed' toward keeping to the spirit of the times in 1800's photography (where less photo sensitive equipment was only avaiiable at that time)- A simple 4 sec exposure, ISO200 F4 lit by a single candle (in low light area so not totally dark) using my hands to direct shadow and paint the lighting to desired balance. - De-noised, reduced in size and tweaked to old style Sepia photograph imagery.

Hinfrance

No entry from me this week I'm afraid. Been a bit busy and a bit poorly. Didn't take any pictures or play a guitar all week.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 27, 2013, 06:21:09 PM
No entry from me this week I'm afraid. Been a bit busy and a bit poorly. Didn't take any pictures or play a guitar all week.

Bit busy, bit poorly, no pictures, no guitar ...
Sounds ominous H!
Hope you get back to your normal self soon.

Couldn't you have done a selfie? H tucked up in bed, preferably with a nightcap ( one in a glass, as well as one on your head), would look quite Dickensian.

DigiDiva

OK, I have an entry this week....

Please Sir, I Want Some More

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Had a tremendous struggle with my ship wreck, couldn't really get it right.
So I replaced my too red version with this sepia one:

Oldboy

These are my versions of Bleak House:

Click for bigger size.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.