• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Quote from: spinner on August 29, 2010, 11:48:01 PM
It's been digging at me all day. A nagging sense of Deja Vu.  Did you not win something else with that shot, Dave?

I think your right Spinner it was on this site picture of the week or comp of the week. But Mick didn't send me $ 300.00 or £ 193.37  I used a converter on the web. It sounds better in Dollars.. ;D
It was once used by the BBC Weather and has allways been a good seller on the Market, Internet and Tourist Office in Preston.... Andrew was right this has done well for me. Time to find another subject or was that my 15 minutes of fame... :legit:

picsfor

Quote from: Dave on August 30, 2010, 01:31:50 AM
Andrew was right this has done well for me. Time to find another subject or was that my 15 minutes of fame... :legit:

That's rather defeatist Dave. You hover around the mark with your pictures, and you will be finding something just as original again - it's the nature of who you (we as photographers) are.
No matter what our comfort zone is, we all at some point, try something a little different then set about pushing ourselves beyond our comfort zone.

Lets be honest, if you told some one you were gonna take a picture of some telephone boxes in the rain and they would be a big seller for you - people would have laughed AT you.
Anyway - didn't you have a bit part you on MOTD? So this would be your second 15 minutes of fame...

krennon

wmmfgt my in-laws are coming up in a couple of weeks time and we're off to Buckingham Palace having never been before so I'm looking forward to it, and because my F-i-L is registered disabled and is a blue badge holder we get to park in the palace grounds itself so no faffing around with buses...no photography allowed inside the palace alas...but you can take all the piccys you want in the gardens...so watch this space as I hopefully I'll get a couple of worthwhile shots...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Eileen

Congrats Dave.  :beer:

Looking forward to seeing your pictures Keith.

Muhammed Ali has been one of my heroes since I was very young. Some powerful images in this selection. Thanks for the link Alan.

picsfor

Quote from: Eileen on September 04, 2010, 09:32:12 AM
Muhammed Ali has been one of my heroes since I was very young. Some powerful images in this selection. Thanks for the link Alan.

I think you'll find that Michael Parkinson has several complimentary words to say about Ali

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on September 02, 2010, 07:49:07 PM
...no photography allowed inside the palace alas...

When I was really busy with photography back in the '80's I was lucky enough to go to Buck House on two occasions to photograph  recipients of honours proudly showing off their insignia. I wasn't allowed to photograph the actual awards presentation or even allowed inside the building but just in the quadrangle that forms the centrepiece of the palace.

The one thing that I remember puzzled me was when all the photographers were lined up by some major domo, we were told we could photograph our recipients and his family anywhere, BUT NO DOORS must appear in the background. This aroused my curiosity and whilst we were all waiting for our people to appear, I looked closely at the doors to see what might be revealed, but all I could see were doors, with handles and knobs. Perhaps it was the type of locks that they didn't want shown. :-\

On the second occasion, when at the end I drove out of the left hand gate at the front of the Palace and was stopped by a policeman to get clearance to leave, my car was immediately surrounded by a crowd of people peering in to see what celebrity was leaving. I just waved clamly to them and drove gently away.  8)

Jonathan

Just back from an amazing location lighting course in Belgium.

Day 2 we went into the woods armed with a model, a couple of boatloads of flash gear, a 30 foot high lightstand and a concept we'd sketched out in 30 mins on iPads.

The only rule was "don't do any crazy stuff".  We broke the rules.  4 hours later after lots of shouting, improvising a flame thrower and running down pretty much every battery we had with us we came back with a picture I'll remember for a long time.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Seeing a Nuthatch in my garden for the first time. Not an uncommon bird but I can now add it to the list!

krennon

First night of the new season at Camera Club last night...and an absolutely fantastic talk by a dear lady called Joan, who used to work for the BBC Photography dept. She had some amazing shots of the famous (and infamous  ;)) but it was the anecdotes that went along with the photos that made it interesting. Some lovely shots of the Queen and others of the Queen Mother as well, and Joan said her majesty was extremely obliging and was an absolute joy and privilege to photograph....
Opening night has set the bar high for the rest of the season lol....seriously good talk last night and lots of new faces hopefully they'll all join up....

Mr Abercrombie sir (doffs cap, tugs forlock) we have a vacant slot in Feb for a speaker if your interested  ;)

ABERS

Wonderful lady is Joan. What she doesn't know about portraiture and lighting isn't worth knowing. A member of our club she is the very anthesis of one's impression of a professional photographer. It was quite some time before I understood she was a professional of the highest calibre dealing with subjects that most could only dream of, and always happy to help others in their endeavours.
I expect to see her on Thursday evening and I will pass on your appreciative comment Keith.

I'll pm you about February.

spinner

Got two of my flower photos printed up on canvas and framed 20" x 36", just got delivered by the post. Quite impressed with the job. Well pleased with how the photos turned out too.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

krennon

Finished the week today, off for a week next week then start my new position (same co different dept though) when I go back can't wait  ;D...a whole week off, going to a couple of gigs (Roy Bookbinder is one of the gigs we're going to google him) off to Richmond Park (weather permitting) hopefully get some early rutting shots of the deer, out for a meal etc etc etc....going to be a week of pure pleasure and I can't wait...might even indulge in a beer or two... :beer:

ABERS

Looking through the pages of the New Review section of today's Observer. The paper has always been supportive of photography and today's issue has some particularly impressive images. Well worth a look.

CML-1591

Ordering CS5 for £160 odd  :tup:

Can't argue with that...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.